Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have done the AI removal and put some gutted pipes on my 07 Thruxton, I want to the jets and needles next. I dont plan on removing the air box at this point (maybe later, havent decided yet) and want to know what seems to work the best. I have a couple friends at a local dealership so I have access to about every size available for Keihein carbs. what I'm looking for is the bike to run a little richer and a little cooler, I 'm not really in it for HP but more to stop the pipes form getting so hot that they glow when I pull in to my garage (yes, they actually glow when I close the door with the light off).

Thanks for the input.
Troy

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hi Troy
If you go to this thread
http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-tec...ning-modifications-and-so-on.html#post1097253

and scroll down you'll find not only a TON of info on other topics but a useful one on carb tuning with a load of sub-headers underneath. One thing that is well worth downloading is the Jenk's Bolt's Tuning Guide - this has a load of info on jet sizes for different setups and I'm sure you'll find something close to your situation.
My advice is to free up the airflow into the carbs by either removing the airbox or at the least getting rid of the snorkel - but that's your call
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
716 Posts
I run the same setup as you

Like you I didn't mess with my airbox and probably never will remove it but I did remove the side snorkel and I would recommend you do the same...anyway I run a 125 main jet and it seems to be just right but if you don't pull the side snorkel it may run a tad rich.
I recommend the 125 main.

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
115 to 120.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts