Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that tour and go two up on your Thruxtons and need a grab rail I have found a good answer. The ventura luggage fittings provide a good fixing point for a standard grab rail off a T120 water cooled Bonnie. Some spacers are needed for the front mount but this chrome rail is othere wise a good fit and just the dogs bollocks style wise.

Cheers kiwigeoff

Attachments

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I know this is an old thread but does anyone have directions on how the Ventura is fitted to a Thruxton 1200 ? I am wondering if it is quick & easy to get off & on ? Also KiwiGeoff, why not use the Ventura grab rail since you already have the rack fitted ?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are a little handy fitting the Ventura rack is no big deal. It comes with instructions and mounts to the inboard side of the rear shock attachment and also up under the seat to the rear subframe. My Ventura option has grab rail and rack as one piece so when the rack is off there is no grabrail. The T120 Bonneville rack is thing of beauty in comparison.....I guess what ever floats your boat..
Cheers Kiwigeoff

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I have just finished reading the Ventura fitting instructions & I probably won't bother fitting it to my bike because it involves removing the rear guard & I was only interested if I could take it off my bike in a few minutes so I can just use it for the occasional trip away with the misses...Looks like a back pack will have to do...Can you buy a chrome grab rail specifically for the Thruxton R ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts