Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody swapped the Bonneville T100 gauges for the white-faced Thruxton gauges? I searched and it seems people have asked, but I can't get an answer if anyone has done it.

Also, does anyone have the part #'s for the Thruxton gauges?

Thanks.!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Thrux-Ton-Up did that, I believe. There may be a photo here in the picture section. I think it is rather costly, of course, because you'd have to pay OEM price for the gauges. I put a white-face mini speedometer on my motorcycle and like the look very much. The gauge was only $44 bucks [no idiot lights, though - they're $64]. Oh, check out BikeBandit for part numbers and costs.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
They're exactly same gauge package with only the color of the faces being different. The white faces are not offered separately as far as I know.

If you swap the gauge package with a Thruxton owner, remember the odometer readings will be different.

/Mike

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

If anybody knows the part #'s, that would be great, would help my search for them go quicker, hopefully.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I swapped my Thruxton gauges for the black & grey T100 gauges with a guy I met at the Ace Cafe, so it was a no cost upgrade. The T100 gauges look more retro IMO and suit the polished alloy more than the white gauges.

Note that the redline on the Thruxton tacho is 500rpm higher than the T100 tacho. With my gearing (19/43 sprockets) the speedo read 80mph @ 4000rpm with the Thruxton gauges, and now reads 74mph at 4000 rpm with the T100 gauges. I assume the difference is because the Bonnie front wheel is a 19 inch and the Thruxton an 18 inch, so the speedo gearing is different.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
I prefer the black gauges too, fortunately that's what I have.:)

·
Registered
8,872 Posts
they will work just fine have them on my t100 they are better in one way then the black the tach goes to a higher rpm then the t100 does 9000 rpm on the white so the tach is not the same tach

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
i also like the look depending on your year electronic with can bus, harder to find since newer or earlier type, 2wheelpros.com have OE listings at slightly better prices, but you will be not far from $900 for the pair plus install, i do not like them that much! newer tacho's loose the idiot lights as well

1 - 13 of 13 Posts