Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen these sold for Bonnies and Scramblers somewhere online, but now, for the life of me, I can't find them. Can someone help me out? Santa needs to put a set in my stocking.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I'm not sure I've seen any after-market kits.
But even at Triumph prices this is a fairly cost-effective mod using Thrux parts.

The least expensive option is to modify the original (unadjustable) caps to take an adjusting screw.
Then to make the additional "disc washers"
This being fairly straight forward if you have access to the required machine tools, which I do, and of which Im working on now.

Will keep you posted!

V.

·
29,948 Posts
Actually Ventura I would be very interested to see that when you have done it - maybe I will give that a go myself. I'll let you blaze the trail, and I shall meekly follow! :cool:

As usual! :p

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
JE,

Actually I'm evaluating a group of products from this one particilar manufacturer, so until I'm done testing everything, I'm holding-off ordering just one part.

I can tell you that the adjustable caps I've been playing with have more range of adjustment than the OE Thruxton caps and (depending on cap version), they allow you to extend the forks out anouther 1/2" or so. This would be of particular interest to Scrambler owners looking for more ground clearance. The down side to the taller caps is clearance issues with low-slung handlebars like drag bars and M-Bars.

These are the types of issues I have to work-out -before- bringing a new product to market. Hope you understand.

/Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts