Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some questions:
1 – Do the claimed 3 hp difference between the T100 and the Thruxton (67 vs. 70) come from the different exhausts or the cams in the Thruxton are also reworked?
2 – Are there in the market any adapters to set Thruxton mufflers in the standard T100 heads?
3 – Does anybody have extra original Thruxton mufflers or TORs for sale? If YES please tell me the price via PM.
Thanks,

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
the difference in power is due mostly to the Thruxton exhaust, and to Triumphs advertising engineers (?).

You can get a good aftermarket exhaust for the bonnie that will be much better and cheaper than trying to find Thruxton pipes.

The cams are identical. same part number.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sweat! :wink:
I just like the looks of the Thrux mufflers :(
Does anybody know these ones at eBay?

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
There`s a set of new Thrux cans going in the classifieds to your left,right now. I have a near new set in my garage right now,thanks to one of our forum members. didn`t pay QUITE that much for them though. :-D I`m plannig to mate them up with Copper`s old kinked stock headers when I get tired of the banshee wail of my 2 into 1. :lalala:

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks rodburner :wink:
The question still is: Where can I find the adapters to apply the Thrux mufflers on T100 headers? :???:

·
Registered
80 Posts
On 2006-11-19 04:58, JMV2006 wrote:
3 – Does anybody have extra original Thruxton mufflers or TORs for sale? If YES please tell me the price via PM.
Thanks,
I have both stock Thruxton mufflers and a set of new TORs available.

sent you PM

·
Registered
80 Posts
[/quote]

I have both stock Thruxton mufflers and a set of new TORs available.

sent you PM
[/quote]

Didn't realize you are in Belgium...shipping will be too costly I think.

If anyone else is in need contact me.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On 2006-11-19 16:47, Motoleo wrote:
[I have both stock Thruxton mufflers and a set of new TORs available.
sent you PM
Thanks!
I just answered your PM

Meanwhile I sent an email to two dealers here asking if they can adapt them to my T100 headers :???:

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Thruxton mufflers will fit on Bonneville head pipes. The angle is not perfect, but with careful fitting they will seal and remain in place with the stock clamps. I did purchase a set of the Thruxton chrome covers that cover the headpipe/muffler joint (and provides a pleasing transition). This setup worked well for me and I noticed a bit more power and a throatier sound. However, the centerstand and sidestand stop bracket will not line up and you will be forced to come up with some sort of adapter. A picture of my bike with this exhaust setup is below:

Unfortunately, I had an accident and my bike now wears BellaCorse Teardrop mufflers. The Thruxtons worked great, though and I encourage you to try it out if you like the look.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you very much Sheepdog :chug:
That is exactly what I wanted to hear and better...
... to see!
I will go ahead with it. :upthumb:
Can you please explain how to solve the stands problem?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I have thrux cans also, as dog said, they take a little persuading to fit but no big deal. BTW, I don't have the clamp covers on mine and it still looks factory, your personal preference really.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
There is a bracket on the left-hand muffler that are designed to accept rubber bumpers for the stands. The location will not match up, however. Use the bracket to fasten an extension that will intersect with your center/side stands. I fashioned mine out of 1/8" thick aluminum and a glued-on rubber bumper. However, plain aluminum will work nearly as well. Figuring this out turned out to be a good deal of the fun in this project. Aluminum is great, as it can be cut and shaped easily with hacksaw and files (it resists corrosion, too). I hope this project turns out as well for you as it did for me.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Problem solved: Somebody just bought a brand new Thruxton at my dealer’s and he wants to add all the extras (a lot) before he takes deliver. Amongst many mods he wants full new custom exhaust pipes and I will have the originals at a very friendly price. :upthumb:
Thanks everybody for your help :chug:

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
On 2006-11-22 23:57, JMV2006 wrote:
Problem solved: Somebody just bought a brand new Thruxton at my dealer’s and he wants to add all the extras (a lot) before he takes deliver. Amongst many mods he wants full new custom exhaust pipes and I will have the originals at a very friendly price. :upthumb:
Thanks everybody for your help :chug:
Cool deal! It will look better with the thruxie head pipes..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts