Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any good suggestions for shops located between Baltimore MD and Raleigh NC that does custom work on a Thruton? I'd like to customize my bkie beyond the normal 3rd party add-ons but don't really have the tools, space or skills to do the work myself. I live in Richmond VA so figure I could travel 150 miles either direction along I95 to get the work done before the summer.

Thanks for any help--Jay

·
Registered
959 Posts
As Thruxtonbill said, a basic set of allen wrenches and metric sockets will allow you to do all of that.

The exhaust is an hour job tops. Rear sets, hour and a half (figure half hour to install, hour to adjust the pedals how you want them lol)

Headlight shell comes off in 10 minutes (real battle is stuffing the wiring back in lol)

I would not recommend paint on the fork legs. It will chip, that is a guarantee.

If you want to change their color, powder coat them. Either way they have to come off the bike. Paint you can get away with not dismantling the forks. Powder coat is the better route to take, but will necessitate a complete fork tear down and new seals.

This would be worth having done at a shop.

What color is your Thruxton, and what color are you looking to change the lower fork tubes to? I personally don't seem much else than polished metal or black really working.....but that's just one man's opinion.

·
Registered
10,304 Posts
http://deerparkcycle.com/

Deer Park Cycle, near the intersection of routes 97 and 26 in Eldersburg, Maryland.

Jack restores old classics, mainly British bikes, does any kind of repair work, and can probably do anything you want done to the bike. He's a nice guy, has a good reputation, and the shop is worth a visit just to see the bikes he's working on. If you take the right roads, the ride out there is nice too.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I would ride up there just to ride in this beautiful weather, AND to help you NOT spend money you don't need to.
PM me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts