Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where you can get a replacement Checkered Stripe decal for a Thrux? I found a fairing, and wanted to put it on there.

·
Registered
88 Posts
the guy who i bought my bike from gave me a roll of checker tape - don't know why, I don't have checkers on my bike. if you don't find a place to get it pm me with the length you need and ill drop it in the mail

·
Registered
151 Posts
Does the rest of your bike already have the OEM checkers on there and you're trying to match them, or do you just want to add checkers to your bike? If the former, I think you will need to get them from Triumph. I think all those parts come pre-colored with the decals installed, but maybe a service department can get the decals alone saying they are doing a repair. If the latter, how about these?:

http://www.british-classics.com/40100.html

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
I think you will need to get them from Triumph. I think all those parts come pre-colored with the decals installed, but maybe a service department can get the decals alone saying they are doing a repair. If the latter, how about these?:

http://www.british-classics.com/40100.html
You can get the stripe thats on the plastic cover of the rear/passenger seat from the dealer...its about $20.00 USD... I ordered one to put on my Davida Classic...it matches the bike perfectly...dont know if it would be long enough for what you are doing though...

...and yes its looks friggen sweet...

·
Registered
40 Posts
the ace cafe sells it on their web site also
Hmm. I recall getting mine from Ace, too, but now I only see other checker combinations available on their site, not black and white.

The british-classics version that Knave links to looks exactly like what I used, though.

Having said all this, after using this tape on my Bonnie Black tank and cowl, it was a little...underwhelming. Especially when compared side-by-side to the OEM Thrux checkers--it's narrower, and the checkers are perfectly square, rather than having the longitudinal "stretch" proportion on the Thrux. I looked and looked for an official Thrux decal for my tank, but the archives here seem to indicate the OEM decal is under the clearcoat and not an item that's stocked.

Anyway, after a couple weeks, I took it off and reverted to basic black. (Which explains why no pics.)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Thanks TIE-P...., that's just what I was looking for. ACE CAFE it is!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Don't kick me for reviving this old thread....
I'm looking also looking for the backcover checkered sticker. I was @ my triumph dealer today, and he told me (after checking the computer) that they were sols out and not in production anymore. Although he seemed a bit confused and asked me for the model year three times.... Can anyone confirm this? Or point me somewhere where I can get it ?

Help is much appreciated!!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't kick me for reviving this old thread....
I'm looking also looking for the backcover checkered sticker. I was @ my triumph dealer today, and he told me (after checking the computer) that they were sols out and not in production anymore. Although he seemed a bit confused and asked me for the model year three times.... Can anyone confirm this? Or point me somewhere where I can get it ?

Help is much appreciated!!
Hadn't tried to buy one so I'm honestly not sure, but you can check with Bike Bandit to see what they have: http://www.bikebandit.com/2004-triumph-thruxton/o/m147322#sch569527 Item #8 is what's you're wanting.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I recently found a supplier of Thruxton decals. The IoM decal is not included.

/M

·
Registered
67 Posts
hi Retro-Racer, can't see it on the site ?

i'm interested.
I'm currently awaiting reply from worldoftriumph.com to get the right product number, since they have 7 different verisons.
They seem to be the only way to go, if you are in europe.

I got contact from the bikebandit. They stil want $87 for international shipping. :ThumbsDown

1 - 20 of 27 Posts