Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10,459 Posts
PJ1 Blue works for me, every 500-1000 miles. I apply it, wipe it off, let it sit overnight to dry. There is some fling-off, but it's not much.

A friend gave me a can of Yamaha "no-fling" chain lube. I tried it once and it made a big mess. I threw it away.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Gunk

I found a chain lube made by Gunk that I really like.

Used PJ1 before, but the first time I took the sprocket cover off, I decided it was time to look for something different. The Gunk stuff does not seem to sling off as much and the chain also seems to be a little cleaner with it on there -- I check it often because it looks like there is nothingon the chain sometimes. Its there and its working well.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Scott Oiler. Install it, fill it, forget it. There is some fling off but not enough to bother me and the chain stays nicely clean and lubed.

·
Registered
616 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Maxima Wax - nearly no fling off

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Fit a Scottoiler and add (I love this word!) a LUBETUBE under the seat, and forget about it all for a few thousand miles!!

Works a treat on all the bikes I have or have had.

V.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
+2 on Maxima Chain Wax.

+1 on BelRay also, I used that before I switched to Maxima.

I prefer Maxima because it flings less; however once you get it on, it's on for good. It's REALLY hard to clean off.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I did the research

Dupont teflon dry wax lubricant!!!!
No doubt about it ... this is the best lubricant for your chain.
I spent a long time researching this.
Dry wax lubricants are the best.

* doesnt collect dirt
* looks very clean
* great lubrication
* dry wax doesnt fling off

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
A dry wax lube is the best thing to use on an o-ring chain. You are not trying to lubricate it - O and X ring chains comes pre-lubed inside the rings.

The purpose of the material applied is therefore to keep it clean and free of corrosion, so that the o-rings do not become compromised. A good cleaning and periodic application of a sealant are your best bet.

I use Castrol Chain Wax, occasionally Motul.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I have read several threads on this subject where the benefits of WD40 are made. It seems that many guys are using this in place of a chain lube.
Anybody here using it for the chain?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts