Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys/ gals,

i was doing a wash and detail on the Thruxton this evening and took a closer look at the carbs and i have a question...

what are the 4 black wires underneath the carbs?? it's 2 black wires running to each carb, 4 total. they seem to easily connect and disconnect, one flat/rectangular shaped and one round wire.

what purpose do they serve?

lol, just bored and curious.

thanks! :cool:

[ This message was edited by: Liquid_IQ on 2006-11-15 18:56 ]

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ah cool, thank you for the insight!

any particular reason for 2 wires on each carb just for carb heating? just curious...

·
Registered
226 Posts
The black/green wires go to the thermostat switch. The black wires are the grounds. FYI, the tech at Cycle Accessories disconnects the heaters for a dyno run b/c they actually do affect the run as long as the dew point spread is within 5 degrees.

far more than you wanted to know...
cheers :hammer:

[ This message was edited by: Hozer on 2006-11-15 20:00 ]

·
Registered
421 Posts
On 2006-11-15 19:59, Hozer wrote:
the tech at Cycle Accessories disconnects the heaters for a dyno run b/c they actually do affect the run as long as the dew point spread is within 5 degrees.

far more than you wanted to know...
cheers :hammer:
I can see (or hear) it now... People start putting monitors on their bikes and reaching down to pull the wires off for addtional performance gain!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I measured it with a voltmeter just to see, and it pulled about 1 volt. But the heat is no joke...so, do what you want with it.
Me? I'm having a Guinness...

[ This message was edited by: Hozer on 2006-11-15 20:39 ]

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
very interesting.. learning something everyday.

thanks everyone. :-D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts