Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who love the open frame look, a while ago I made a tray that relocates the battery and wiring and still be able to ride two up. It looks great and really suits these bikes. So being winter in Oz my bike is off the road getting some love and attention and the tray has been removed and sent to a metal fabricator he has worked out his price and I've added a very modest commission I have to get at least five people interested the price will be $250 plus shipping. Some pics. of my bike with the tray
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't mind the drawn circle and arrow they are from a previous thread. Only got a close up hope this helps.
[/URL
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
G'day Scott I have members who are wanting one, just going to hold off making them for about another week or so to give as many people a chance as possible, but this looks like it's going to happen.
I'll keep you posted, Lee

·
Registered
96 Posts
Add me to the list!!

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
I'd love one!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm interested as well. so a new batter is needed in order to use this tray correct? Also how hard would installation be?
Yep a lithium battery is required so it can be laid on it's side and they are much much lighter. You can get an idea of how much work if you search the " Getting Nude Thread "on this forum.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok guy's just a quick update. Picked up the prototype today and checked it with my bike, there are a few small issues which I expected, so it's back to the fabricator on Monday to sort em out. I'm hoping by the end of the week we should be ready to start making a few.
Here's a couple of pics. of the prortype
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
290 Posts
Looks like this might have a bit of a time fitting with the EFI considerations (ECU thickness and so on.) I've already got that very same battery, and it fits in the ARK setups I've seen thus far that are more readily designed for non-EFI, but this looks just a TOUCH shallow?

Dunno if you have a decent option for testing the EFI situation locally, but that might be good to know. =) Just my two cents. Or more, if I can end up buying one from you all.

·
Registered
206 Posts
For those who love the open frame look, a while ago I made a tray that relocates the battery and wiring and still be able to ride two up. It looks great and really suits these bikes. So being winter in Oz my bike is off the road getting some love and attention and the tray has been removed and sent to a metal fabricator he has worked out his price and I've added a very modest commission I have to get at least five people interested the price will be $250 plus shipping. Some pics. of my bike with the tray
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
Amazing!

Question, what did you use as a rear brake fluid reservoir? I see it kind of free standing on your bike.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looks like this might have a bit of a time fitting with the EFI considerations (ECU thickness and so on.) I've already got that very same battery, and it fits in the ARK setups I've seen thus far that are more readily designed for non-EFI, but this looks just a TOUCH shallow?

Dunno if you have a decent option for testing the EFI situation locally, but that might be good to know. =) Just my two cents. Or more, if I can end up buying one from you all.
EFI won't be a problem will it? Thanks

1 - 20 of 132 Posts