Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Thruxton rider, planning a cross country trip this summer. Thinking about swapping out the clip-ons for the ride, and know a little about the Heli and LSL bars. Would appreciate any feedback on thier respective strengths/weaknesses - also if there are other models I should check out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
helibars

I've been using helibars for years, I left them on the bike while running track days and a few CCS/AHRMA races. My back will last about 15 minutes when using the stock clip-ons.

dman

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
bkirby, you might also consider flipping the stock clip ons upside down. I have heard some guys find that arangement to work well. Try that first, its free.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have the heli bars and they are much more comfortable than stock and they add about 4.5'' in height and 2" outward.

Not sure how much the the lsl clip on removal kit add but I know there straighter and wider than the heli bars.

Maybe if someone has the lsl's they can measure them and let you know how many inches in height you gain over the stock clip ons.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Half price Heli's

Hey Skull Crusher, If Canuck doesn't want them I'd take them in a heartbeat. Please pm me if they become available.

Cheers, Buzz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts