1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Most paint places can scan the colour to match it. May need to take the tank off though

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Most paint places can scan the colour to match it. May need to take the tank off though

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk
Its amazing how many different whites there are in paints, a good auto paint shop should be able to colour match it.

Ashley

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FYI, I tried touchupdirect's Pure White based on a 1976 Triumph Pure White (206/NAB/19) that they thought might be the same. It's not. It's a bit more flat and cream colored. They offered a refund, so it was worth a try.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have the paint code for you Heads Up

I have a 2016 Thruxton 1200 Pure White, and I want to paint the fender to match the tank.

I can't seem to find a paint code or any company online that will sell the color. I tried colorrite and touchupdirect.

The only thing I can find is OEM touch up paint. Or maybe this 1976 Triumph Pure White is the same?

https://www.amazon.com/TouchUpDirect-Automotive-Matches-Triumph-Aerosol/dp/B07FTJ9181/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=thruxton+pure+white+paint&qid=1560897943&s=gateway&sr=8-1
Hiya Doorty

I also have the 2016 white tank model, and have gone 20% into the project of painting the two fenders white to match. I have only got so far as to identify the paint code for the 2016 white tank Thruxton. Its available to anyone who needs it, I believe in the con USA.

We are very fortunate to have a first class auto body paint shop (they are big and the BEST, only place that is authorized by Maserati and Tesla factories for repairs) in our area. With reference info from our Triumph dealer, and the paint shop's research they have found the Dupont paint that is on this bike. I would not waste any time with touch up sources on this, usually a dead end.

I don't have it handy here tonight, but will post the color reference info asap in this forum. Weedie

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hiya Doorty

I also have the 2016 white tank model, and have gone 20% into the project of painting the two fenders white to match. I have only got so far as to identify the paint code for the 2016 white tank Thruxton. Its available to anyone who needs it, I believe in the con USA.

We are very fortunate to have a first class auto body paint shop (they are big and the BEST, only place that is authorized by Maserati and Tesla factories for repairs) in our area. With reference info from our Triumph dealer, and the paint shop's research they have found the Dupont paint that is on this bike. I would not waste any time with touch up sources on this, usually a dead end.

I don't have it handy here tonight, but will post the color reference info asap in this forum. Weedie
Thanks so much for sharing. Are you planning to do a rattle-can spray?

·
Registered
436 Posts
2016 Thruxton white paint code

I have a 2016 Thruxton 1200 Pure White, and I want to paint the fender to match the tank.

I can't seem to find a paint code or any company online that will sell the color. I tried colorrite and touchupdirect.

The only thing I can find is OEM touch up paint. Or maybe this 1976 Triumph Pure White is the same?

https://www.amazon.com/TouchUpDirect-Automotive-Matches-Triumph-Aerosol/dp/B07FTJ9181/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=thruxton+pure+white+paint&qid=1560897943&s=gateway&sr=8-1
The info that I have for this paint code is that its available from Dupont Standox color code NK. They gave me two phone numbers if this needs any clarification:
800-551-9296 and 678-854-2010

Hope this gets you there, please post your results.

Weedie

·
Registered
436 Posts
No way on rattle can, it would look like a 12 year old did it.

Eventually going to get that body shop to paint and clear coat both fenders and they will order the paint for me, so its correct. They have done other work for me, a total restoration on the front end of a 2010 CTS (bought it that way and saved about 9k) and you cant tell it from factory work.

Other projects have jumped in front of the bike, so it waits.

Pls posts your findings after you source the paint, thanks.

Weedie

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The info that I have for this paint code is that its available from Dupont Standox color code NK. They gave me two phone numbers if this needs any clarification:
800-551-9296 and 678-854-2010

Hope this gets you there, please post your results.

Weedie
Thanks. I've seen the "NK" code on Triumph painted parts, but I didn't realize that is all I need. I'll have to see if a paint shop can order/make this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts