Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are several web sites indicating that the Thruxton has cruise control as an option. When I asked about it at the dealership, they could find nothing on it. Has anyone heard of it being available?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I believe it will eventually be a dealer installed add on item. Kind of annoying that initial reports of the bike said that CC and heated grips came standard. The grips alone are $240

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. It is annoying that heated grips are so pricey. I do feel they should have come with the bike. I ponied up the money just the same for them.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
The parts manager at my dealer told me just today that the cruise control module and kit for the T120 is not yet available but will be priced at $382. He didn't know when the kits would start arriving.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just emailed Triumph at [email protected] asking about Cruise Control for the Thruxton R.

The response was that there are no plans for Cruise Control posted.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I noticed in the thread about the T120 cruise control that the bike is supposed to have a secondary stop to disengage the cruise.

I don't think my Thruxton R has a secondary idle stop, unless the stop just feels like a bit of free-play. There definitely is no distinct detent.

The instrument panel does have the icon for cruise control that comes on momentarily when the key is first turned on.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, that's that. Guess I'm looking at a throttle lock solution...

Hello Mr B,

Thank you for your email and enquiry. Cruise Control will not be available for the Thruxton R model as not compatible with the Brembo Master Cylinder and Braking system.

Thank you for your continued support of the Triumph Brand.

Kind regards,

UK Aftersales Team

Reactions: wachuko
1 - 7 of 7 Posts