Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to check my TPS compared to the specs listed on Pieman's page.

http://triumphtwinpower.com/tps_adjustment.php

On both my stock carbs, and my FCRs, the closed throttle figure for yellow and blue was set at 5.7k ohms, and dropped to below .3k at wide open throttle.

The 4.42k - 1.38k specified by Mike cannot be obtained on either of my carbs. I cannot get any lower than 4.7k.

I can't help but wonder if Keihin changed the TPS on newer model carbs (Bike is an '08 and FCRs are also new).

Anybody willing to check resistance and compare notes?

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
LOL TPS you mean they still put them things on carbs .Wish I could help ya man havent run one in 2 years.

·
Vendor
2,431 Posts
I have checked a few sets of OEM carbs and they are all within a couple of per cent of the figures on my web page. I have just measured the TPS on a brand new pair of FCR 39's and these are the figures:

Blue & Yellow = 4.73k OHMS (4.72-4.75) closed throttle and 0.72k OHMS (0.69-0.75) WOT.

Black & Yellow = 0.99K OHMS (0.97-1.00) closed throttle and 5.13 (5.11-5.15) WOT. The figures in brackets are the varying readings on subsequent opening and shutting of the throttle.

While I was at it I also checked the igniter for the TPS reading and the FCR 39's TPS read 0% at closed throttle and 100% at WOT, so these figures are spot on.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike, perfect answer....especially about how the setting interfaced with the ignitor.

Thank you very much!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts