Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

We are new to this forum, but not to motorcycle cruise controls. We started our business in 1997, established our web site and within months were exporting product to the USA.

Twenty years later we have earned an outstanding reputation for extraordinary performance, quality, long-lasting product and great service - despite being on the other side of the planet!

MCCruise undertakes all its own R&D - we design and build every component and our software is second to none.

Today, we are proud to announce the release of our latest offering - full TBW cruise control for the Triumph Thruxton. What a bike! I still have a grin on my face when I think about my relatively short ride testing our cruise control. I didn't want to take the loan bike back to the Triumph Importers here in Australia.

The beauty of this install is that we have deciphered the CAN system so the wiring harness and installation is very easy. We needed to maintain our strict adherence to our high safety standards so we had to add a bit of complexity tapping into the front brake as a safety backup, but rear brakes, clutch, tach signal and speed are all obtained via CanBus.

Any capable home mechanic can install this kit and we hold your hand all the way with brilliant instructions. You can get a full-colour PDF copy BEFORE you buy, just by emailing us at [email protected] and requesting it.

If you haven't heard of us, have a look at our reviews on 'Word of Mouth' here

Many riders of 'sport' bikes don't realise what a boon good cruise control can be: huge ergonomic benefits being able to take the load off your arms and wrists and substantial fuel savings, but more importantly - increased range! I think you will likely be amazed how much your range increases. We haven't had access to the bike long enough to test it, but typically we see a 20% to 30% improvement in fuel economy on freeways/interstates.

... and it frees up your attention to focus on the traffic, the road surface and other hazards, instead of constantly looking at the speedo and for police/radars/traffic cameras! Personally, I need a new planet to be able to enjoy life again ..... but my cruise certainly helps. I set it just above the traffic speed and just below where I will get booked, because all bikers know it is much safer to be catching up to traffic than having them surprise you from behind.

With MCCruise' performance, you can be sure you will stay on speed - and that has an interesting benefit mentally. i find if I am travelling as fast as I can - without risking my licence, I get less frustrated and enjoy the ride and the scenery more. But the most important benefit is the lack of fatigue! i stay focused longer, can ride further - safely - and have enough mental and physical energy left for when I get to my favourite stretch of road, where it is all about enjoying the 'dance' of riding a bike in the twisties - freedom, exhilaration and the satisfaction of getting it right!.

I hope you take the opportunity to investigate our product. if you buy, I promise you won't be disappointed and right now there is a time-limited, special offer for Triumphrat forum members: just use the special code 'triumphrat' (without quotes) in the cart and you get an 8% discount making this superb new product, very affordable.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A busy weekend here: currently developing a new TBW MCCruise kit for the latest 2018 Honda Africa Twin, which we have to return by close of business tomorrow night (Monday 28 May, 2018) - so we are under pressure!

Also finished and returned a VFR1200FD to A1 motorcycles in Ringwood yesterday, Saturday 27 May. That is a nice bike! Anyone interested should have a look. Only 7000 km on it.

None of these compare to the simplicity of installing the Thruxton cruise though. CANBUS makes things so much simpler getting at the signals we need. We still get power and brake detection off the front brake though - just for safety backup.

The two new kits will be in production and available as soon as we write up the instructions and source some connectors.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MCCruise development for T120

Hi Tony ,if I was anywhere near I would let you have my T120 to play with. Must be one in Melbourne somewhere.
Thanks for the offer. Actually I have found someone in Phoenix, Arizona, USA who is reviewing the Thruxton instructions. it isn't easy as there is very little space under the seat for the computer module, but the same applies to the Thruxton. We will see if it is possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts