Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I've been reading the forums for years now, getting amazing advice from you all, but this may be the first time I'm reaching out for your expertise!

I decided to give myself a mini project by replacing the air filter and spark plugs on my '06 Sprint ST. There sure is a lot more to remove then on my KLR ;-)

I'm now in the process of re-assembly, and realized there is a set of hoses from the throttle body that may not have been attached to anything, and I'm not sure if it should be.
Specifically, there are three hoses that come from the throttle bodies that join into a single one. I'm guessing they are for idle, as it bypasses the butterfly valves.

There appears to be an attachment on the front of the airbox that this could reach, but the hose diameter is much smaller, and it looks like it's never been attached there. Logically, it also doesn't make sense as I believe it is in a position "before" the air filter.

So my question is, should this hose be connected to something, and if so what? And if not, where should it be?

Cheers, Dominik.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
One of them goes to the sensor which I think is done in the picture. The other goes to the charcoal canister, I believe. Its been awhile since I've had the bike.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts