Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forum. I am here in need of some help/guidance. I have a 2013 Triumph Explorer 1200xc with 6700 original miles that was recently diagnosed with a bad throttle body. The bike was without problems initially, but for the past 6 months I have had difficulties with hard starts and the engine light remaining on for a short time after starting. I took the bike to the local dealer whom checked the bike over and performed a "mapping upgrade", and stated all was well otherwise. I bought the bike home and all seemed well, until a hard start prior to a ride. On the way home the bike stalled and the fuel gauge came on. The bike did eventually restart and I came home, only for the bike to never start again. I took the bike to a different dealer (old dealer gave up franchise due to inability to keep up with franchise demands) whom diagnosed the throttle body issue. Any body heard of this? Suggestions?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey guys, new to the forum. I am here in need of some help/guidance. I have a 2013 Triumph Explorer 1200xc with 6700 original miles that was recently diagnosed with a bad throttle body. The bike was without problems initially, but for the past 6 months I have had difficulties with hard starts and the engine light remaining on for a short time after starting. I took the bike to the local dealer whom checked the bike over and performed a "mapping upgrade", and stated all was well otherwise. I bought the bike home and all seemed well, until a hard start prior to a ride. On the way home the bike stalled and the fuel gauge came on. The bike did eventually restart and I came home, only for the bike to never start again. I took the bike to a different dealer (old dealer gave up franchise due to inability to keep up with franchise demands) whom diagnosed the throttle body issue. Any body heard of this? Suggestions?
Original owner? All recalls done?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Original owner? All recalls done?

I am the original owner and have had the bike serviced through certified Triumph dealers. I was not advised of any open recalls on my model at the diagnostic visit, but I did see there was a recall on the early Explorers with the throttle body position sensor. I need to get back with the dealer and see if they will give me the particular error codes. I'm not mechanically inclined, so I didn't ask what was exactly meant by a "bad throttle body", although I now see the importance of this. I have done a little research and this appears to be something not many people have heard of. Just super bummed as I have not abused the bike at all, other than not riding enough!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am the original owner and have had the bike serviced through certified Triumph dealers. I was not advised of any open recalls on my model at the diagnostic visit, but I did see there was a recall on the early Explorers with the throttle body position sensor. I need to get back with the dealer and see if they will give me the particular error codes. I'm not mechanically inclined, so I didn't ask what was exactly meant by a "bad throttle body", although I now see the importance of this. I have done a little research and this appears to be something not many people have heard of. Just super bummed as I have not abused the bike at all, other than not riding enough!
Let us know what it turns out to be.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let us know what it turns out to be.
Ok guys, I was able to get the error codes from the dealer and they are as follows: P211, P0460, P1135 and P1574. Getting some feed back and I am hearing its uncertain if the codes after the throttle body code (P2111) are trickle down or not. Any ideas?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok guys, I was able to get the error codes from the dealer and they are as follows: P211, P0460, P1135 and P1574. Getting some feed back and I am hearing its uncertain if the codes after the throttle body code (P2111) are trickle down or not. Any ideas?
P2111 - Throttle valve drive error
P211 - apparently no such number, should all have four digits after P
P0460 - Fuel level sensor circuit malfunction
P1135 - Traction Control prevented due to ABS problem
P1574 - Cruise control prevented due to other malfunction condition

Sounds like they could be trickle down codes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same set of codes. Bike is not willing to start. The starter is cranking the engine, fuel pump works as usual but no start. I have 2016 explorer. Were you able to get rid of these codes?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same issue today. P1135 P1574 both pointing towards the ABS sensor casing the traction control and Cruise control to have issues. Before I go buying a new ABS sensor, has anyone found the issue to actually be something else?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue today. P1135 P1574 both pointing towards the ABS sensor casing the traction control and Cruise control to have issues. Before I go buying a new ABS sensor, has anyone found the issue to actually be something else?
Hi, did you get to the bottom of your problem? I've got the same fault codes, intermittently, plus P2127, I've already had the throttle grip switch cube changed, as a previous fault was coming up with throttle grip sensor 2, bike has been fine until I re routed my sat nav wires and tidied up the loom around the headstock, as it seemed tight, I've since seen there's been issues with the wires into the back of the ignition switch being pulled because of this! Wondered if you had cured your fault with changing the abs sensor before I start pulling mine apart
Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts