Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm a newbie with very basic mechanical knowledge. I am planning on doing a number of modifications to my 2013 Bonneville over the next few months. However, I have a question regarding the position of the throttle actuator. At the moment, it is positioned so the throttle cable is up (if that makes sense). But, I have seen a number of shed builds and pro builds where the actuator is positions so the throttle cable is down. To me, this way seems more aesthetically pleasing as well as neatening up the look of the front end. Is there an easy way to do this? Is it safe to do this? Are there any pitfalls I should know about before attempting to do this?

·
Registered
545 Posts
My throttle cables were initially at the bottom and now with some handlebar mods they come out the top, you just need to be sure that routing the cable doesn't create any resistance so it stops the throttle snapping back as it should

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My throttle cables were initially at the bottom and now with some handlebar mods they come out the top, you just need to be sure that routing the cable doesn't create any resistance so it stops the throttle snapping back as it should
Thanks man. This really helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts