Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 955i in good condition later last year and am working on genral service
I found a disconnected plug in the wiring harness and am hoping someone can advise what it goes to? (the bike starts and runs fine)
I am also looking for info about the little reservoir under the rear and the rear turn signal/licence plate holder

Anyone who can shed light on the following would be appreciated

1 - I found this harness connector sticking into the battery area but I dont know what it goes to. Am I missing something

2 - here is a pic of the small reservoir I found under the rear seat cover/hump. Anyone know what this is for (coolant overflow/expansion maybe?)

3 - my rear tail unit (that the indicators and license plate attach to) got a bit melted but an aftermarket exhaust. Can anyone provide a part number:? I can't find it iin the manual

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Automotive tail & brake light Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
1 - I found this harness connector sticking into the battery area but I dont know what it goes to. Am I missing something
That is to connect with a computer for service/diagnostics
2 - here is a pic of the small reservoir I found under the rear seat cover/hump. Anyone know what this is for (coolant overflow/expansion maybe?)
I don't know either coolant expansion is certainly a possibility
3 - my rear tail unit (that the indicators and license plate attach to) got a bit melted but an aftermarket exhaust. Can anyone provide a part number:? I can't find it iin the manual
maybe T2301300
check item #1 in this link
Rear Mudguard & Battery Box. 2000 Triumph Daytona | HERMYS TRIUMPH eSTORE, Port Clinton PA

·
Super Moderator
22,222 Posts
1. The OBDII connector (when you get deeper into it, you will also find another unused connector under the tank, unless it happens to be a California model)
2. Yes, The Coolant Expansion Reservoir
3. I believe it is T2301349 - you have to be careful with part numbers in the 97-01 series - you show the number plate area, it is in fact a complete assembly including the fender and battery box; the one you want is is for the 00-01 which has a different ECU to the earlier (the later ECU bolts to the front of the battery box; the earlier one is located next to the coolant reservoir). The Speed Triple and Daytona part for same respective years should be same.
You can occasionally find these 'used' however most have had the number plate section chopped off and replaced with a less obtrusive plate mount.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Is there some kind of cover or plug that should go over the end or a place to tuck it away? It seems a bit of bad design to leave part of ta wiring harness open like that

1. The OBDII connector (when you get deeper into it, you will also find another unused connector under the tank, unless it happens to be a California model)
2. Yes, The Coolant Expansion Reservoir
3. I believe it is T2301349 - you have to be careful with part numbers in the 97-01 series - you show the number plate area, it is in fact a complete assembly including the fender and battery box; the one you want is is for the 00-01 which has a different ECU to the earlier (the later ECU bolts to the front of the battery box; the earlier one is located next to the coolant reservoir). The Speed Triple and Daytona part for same respective years should be same.
You can occasionally find these 'used' however most have had the number plate section chopped off and replaced with a less obtrusive plate mount.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Is there some kind of cover or plug that should go over the end or a place to tuck it away? It seems a bit of bad design to leave part of ta wiring harness open like that
On my Tiger there is a plastic dummy male connector that the plug goes on to hold it in place. Looks like a piece of flat plastic with no purpose.

·
Super Moderator
22,222 Posts
There should be a male tab on the fender just in front of the reservoir that it clips onto - you'd be forgiven for not seeing it or understanding what it's for or how it actually applies. It's nothing more than a raised plastic strip that fits into the space between the terminals of the connector; so you just clip it on there.

·
Registered
1998 T595 Daytona 2014 Kawasaki Ninja1000ABS
8,099 Posts
My rear fender/mudguard is chopped off below the plate as D'Ecosse mentioned in his post.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
here is a pic of the little supply I found under the back seat cover/bump. Anybody know what this is for (coolant flood/extension possibly?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts