Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds like they need to work out a few bugs, and provide a slightly more finished product, but this sounds like fun...

Bike-in-a-box

·
Registered
222 Posts
I remember reading the article in Cycle World and thought the same thing as you. I wonder how the bike rides? they promised a follow-up article where they would put the bike through a test and rate the ride but I either never saw the article or they never did the test.

Kevin...

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope they do the follow-up story. This whole kit bike thing intrigues me.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
- - IF - -

I had a larger garage,

money enough to buy it with no other pressing matters to be taken care of first,

money enough to have it painted,

I'd have that bad boy RIGHT NOW.

And I wouldn't pretend to make of the engine anything more than it is, the stock power plant would be enough for me.

No apologies, I wanted it when I first saw it at Laguna Seca..... and knew that I could do a better job of it cosmetically.

[ This message was edited by: FattRat on 2006-12-29 10:57 ]

·
Registered
220 Posts
Great idea, wrong bike! Look what showed up at my place. Here's my start on a bike in the box, and you don't see yourself coming down the road every 5 minutes...
1000 cc V twin with torque converter, and 2 range transmission. Naw naw.

:razz:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On 2006-12-30 11:54, guzzi wrote:
Great idea, wrong bike! Look what showed up at my place. Here's my start on a bike in the box, and you don't see yourself coming down the road every 5 minutes...
1000 cc V twin with torque converter, and 2 range transmission. Naw naw.

:razz:
Sweet! That would look awesome in a little cafe frame...

·
Registered
891 Posts
They did the follow up in the Jan issue which just came out. Company is now out of business. Bike review is not great.-T1

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was expensive. Oddly, looking around it seems as thought the kit bikes are pretty costly overall. Seems like they are pricing themselves versus small-niche customs rather than versus factory bikes.

But still I like the idea of a kit bike. Funny, kit cars are not so bad on price, though again, the comparison against factory cars may not come out in the kitter's favor. Ah well, I remember something about economies of scale from my college daze.

Anyway, I guess I just need to find a tomato can for the carb and get started.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts