Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

This months Bike

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Trotts 
#1 ·
Had the new edition of Bike turn up yesterday with a 4 bike test in Tiger 1050,Multistrada,GS,and V Strom,makes interesting reading.

#4 ·
another trip to the local library, called WH Smiths !! :)

Almost broke my neck when I spotted the first 07 Tiger passing me in the opposite direction, heading from Brizzle towards my home town, in that strange yellow colour :)

Have to admit, looked good, in a flash !!

#5 ·
I took out the Fowlers demo today, but it's black, not yellow, so it wasn't me Dave. Same bike is featured in Bristol Evening Post today after a week long road test. They said good, and so do I, a really great bike, and I don't understand comments about handling, seemed pretty good to me.
cheers,
Alan

#6 ·
It's about time that magazine journalists realised that the average rider does not spend his time pulling wheelies and with the throttle permanently against the stop.Most modern bikes have potential far beyond the normal road rider. I consider myself to be a reasonably quick rider and find fuel consumption is typically about 45mpg (except when we go ballistic in Scotland). So how do journos only get 35mpg ? Not by riding normally I suspect. Maybe their idea of handling is that of a MotoGP God ? Meanwhile on the A49 the rest of us are out enjoying real riding conditions with handling that is good enough most of the time. A test ride on the 1050 Tiger will show us. If it's anywhere near as good as a Speed Triple then that will be plenty good enough.

#7 ·
For those of you that dont have access to article, out of the 4 testers 2 went for the BMW and 2 for the Tiger. Article too long for me to reproduce but final para reads:

So at the top of this heap is the triumph tiger 1050. which serves up the best combination of practicality, flexibility and sheer riding pleasure. The engines a gem, involving, tractable and with a wonderful sound track. With luggage as an option it can work as a full on tourer. Without it the tiger will hold its own as a sportsbike. Its not as all round practical as the bmw 1200gs but edges the riding experience and is far less quirky.

Its also nearly £1700 cheaper. Also mpg is given as 38 on b roads 45 on a roads, 51 on motorway and averaging economy at 45 as compared to 42 bmw, 39 multi and 37 on v strom.
Looks like triumph have a winner

#8 ·
On 2006-12-29 08:24, RGCH wrote:

Its also nearly £1700 cheaper. Also mpg is given as 38 on b roads 45 on a roads, 51 on motorway and averaging economy at 45 as compared to 42 bmw, 39 multi and 37 on v strom.
Looks like triumph have a winner
Did they note US or Imperial gallons?

Fred

#9 ·
On 2006-12-28 10:43, iansoady wrote:
They weren't impressed by the Tiger's handling which surprised me. I suspect the one they had was a bit tired in the suspension departmemnt.
Actually I seem to have been referring to the previous edition where they "tested" a used Tiger against a GS etc. I must learn to read things properly before replying. :???:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.