Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a gadget guy and I'm ecstatic about this forum!

Anyone taking video while riding? What is your set-up; ie, camera, recording device? How do you have it powered and wired. Please be specific.

[ This message was edited by: pineygroveshop on 2007-03-05 19:53 ]

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hello.

You may want to check out some of the MBlogs at livevideo.com for sample video of the setups and equipment used.

Here is a link to one that uses a helmet cam: Helmet Cam Setup

That should give you some good ideas. I like the concept of commenting as you ride, and the helmet cam is good for that. The tank mounted cams are a lot smoother for recording the action and stitching audio in later, but it tends to get boring after a couple of minutes.

Good luck!

=ike=

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Cool! Also found this site but have not purchased any of the equipment. The great "How To" above looks like a great riders perspective of what it is like on a bike.
viosport

G

·
Some riders here in Perth have been playing with these: click pic
<A HREF="http://www2.oregonscientific.com/shop/product.asp?cid=20&scid=77&pid=560" TARGET="_blank">
</A>
It's a solid state unit which records straight to a memory stick - so damned handy.
Lots of people quite pleased with them. Worth a looksee.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I fooled around a bit with video last year. here is what I've learned. The mount must be absolutely RIGID..vibration of the tape across the heads will cause a crappy image.

Also always record in SP mode. especially if you are using Mini-DV tapes. they are very delicate and recording in the long-mode stretches the tapes too much and they break.

Try not to shoot your instruments if you have white-faced dials. the camera will set the exposure to the nearest bright object ..so filming your tach/speedo in bright sunlight (or even less than bright sunlight) will cause the rest of the image to be very dark.

Carry a spare battery

And label your tapes when your done shooting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts