Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I have been lurking these forums for the past 6 months, but just now created an account since I am getting closer to beginning my adventure into riding a motorcycle. I've been lusting over every Triumph I've seen over the passed 11 years, and I am going to be diving in soon.

I am going to be the terribly annoying newb with a ton of questions, so if you hate that stuff, feel free to ignore any of my posts (for the most part everyone seems awesome, but I've seen some people get a little heated about "dumb" questions.) I have scoured these forums and gained so much insight and knowledge, but I will be posting in the Water Cooled V Twin section pretty soon (once I am able to) since I have some pretty specific questions.

Anyways, I look forward to this community and talking to you all.

·
Administrator
19,458 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Which models are you looking at? No matter your decision, you should be very happy with your new Triumph. Let us know what you are thinking!

Cheers!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I don't have a bike yet, but I was looking at the new Bonneville T120's. I was originally going to finance one as a first bike, but after reading everything on here and the suggestions of more experienced riders, I've decided to make the responsible choice of buying a used bike first so that I can get the ropes down. I'm mostly paranoid about dropping a brand new bike, so my original question was going to be about crash bars and if they would protect the bike from minor spills and whatnot. I plan to take it very slow at first and just ride around my house until I'm completely comfortable, then try it out in light traffic for a while, then up it to some freeway stuff.

But anyways, since Im getting a used bike before I get my dream bonnie, I was looking at the old 70's - 80's era Hondas. I'm looking at this one right now: http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/mcy/5620184851.html and I am currently talking with the seller about possible going down to $2200 or $2500.

Thanks for the replies!

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Welcome _philip! Talk about dream bikes...that Honda you are looking at is on my list of dream bikes! That is certainly a fine bike to start off on. Enjoy the forum!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts