Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding at tonight at 75 mph, a cat ran out right into my path. I hit it and i assume the cat either got cut in half or flew somewhere because the front wheel lifted but the back wheel never hit it. Didn't go down, no damage to the bike but kinda scary at that speed. Also, got a little head-shake on the bars but only for about a half second. I'd hate to hit a big ass raccoon or something.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
I've splattered jack rabbits. But I used to live in Louisiana and would've hated to hit a turtle or armadillo. They'd make a mess of you for sure. It's a scary proposition taking on wildlife.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Cats are tiny little buggers, deer aren't..... I was coming home late at night after a snowboarding trip in the Catskills (my friend lives right in the area so I used to take my bike up and then we took his car to the slopes). That day I left the slopes around 6PM and started riding home on a two lane interstate. Out of nowhere, a deer comes running into the center of the road 150 feet ahead of me. Its head gets bumped by an 18 wheeler in the lane next to me, and out of confusion starts running away and into the dead center of my lane. Thank god hoofs don't have much traction on asphalt because I just barely swerved around the bastard at 80MPH. It sucks nearly being in one of those situations that later turns into a youtube video.

·
Registered
194 Posts
A few years ago I had a pigeon break cover straight into my 60 mph spoked front wheel. It were 'orrible. A similar effect to throwing a feather pillow and an economy sized tomato puree container into a giant liquidizer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
As a general rule, if it is small enough that you could eat it in one sitting, it is better to hit it than try and swerve around it.

A cat would be borderline.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts