Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all
I am new to this forum and just got my 2000 Sprint St a couple of weeks ago. I love this bike. The guy before me took good care of it and had Ade Packett go through and renovate the bike just before he sold it.(He wasn't planning on selling it. Wife got pregnant.) He had some super brights put in the headlights, and this third light above the headlights now looks like crap, it is so dim. I don't know what they call that light(sidelight, position light?) Does anyone know the bulb type so I don't have to take the whole bike apart to find out? I want to wire in some bright amber LED's or something, so it looks different than the headlights rather than trying to compete with them. Thanks.
TJ

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
thap8riot, Welcome, DaveM and I ask all newbies to read the above stickies.

The bulb type should be listed in your manual along with fuses and things like that.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
thap8triot,

The 3rd eye is a European thing. The UK/Euro bikes have a switch on the right hand control housing that turns off the main headlamps (you can see the blank plug on yours) for operation of the bike in the city at night

Be careful what you do to that light. Many states have very strict requirements on what colors may be used on forward facing lamps. And, it is mounted in a regular plastic housing, so if you try to amp it up, you may have heat issues.

You'll notice there is a small LED also located in there. It is the indicator lamp for the Triumph security system, if installed.

You might try to ignore the 3rd eye, which is what I do. I thought about putting an old Moon decal over it...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts