Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of doing some more "cosmetic" mods this month so I'll be ready to roll when the weather breaks.
I'm thinking of getting the chrome cam cover and headlight bracket. Anyone put these on? Pain ?
Thinking about a fatter back tire...How fat can I go?
Maybe some different rear shocks to lower her a bit.
The highway pegs from NB for sure.
As a stretch, I'd love to powder coat my rims black, but that probably won't happen. I'll probably buy the parts and have the mechanic put them on at the dealership....the right way.
Any suggestions????

·
Registered
913 Posts
Dude, it all sounds awesome and totally doable. I think you'll find folks here who have done all those mods in some form or other. How about some pre & post mod pics??

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
mine is going under the knife tomorrow for "winter" (Texas) mods:

-Wiseco 904cc kit
-headwork inc bigger valves
-floating front brake rotor
-new rear LED fender from Bellacorse
-new shortened front fender (thanks Pabonne)
-Norman Hyde Rearsets

That's all I can think of for now. The teardown commences in the AM. The bike should be out of commision for about a month or 6 weeks, which will drive me nuts, but I think it will be worth it.

EDIT: I forgot about the fork gaitors!

[ This message was edited by: sweatmachine on 2007-02-02 19:48 ]

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I never knew you could get a black cam cover. That's a good idea. How large of a tire can I get on a stock rim?Anyone?

·
Banned
1,342 Posts
On 2007-02-02 18:11, ROBD wrote:
As a stretch, I'd love to powder coat my rims black, but that probably won't happen. I'll probably buy the parts and have the mechanic put them on at the dealership....the right way.
Any suggestions????
It was a 4 day turn-a-round when I had my wheels/hubs powdercoated. A had a small local motorcycle shop remove the wheels, dis-assemble, powdercoater picked them up, had them back the next day. Then the local shop re-assembled, re-laced, trued em, etc. - Cost was $397.00. I have a new love for my bike. Bikes from the 30-40s had that paint rim accent and I really always like the look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts