Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of selling my 1995 BMW M3 and getting a motorcycle...

I have my mustang for the fun car/track smiles... i also have a jeep wrangler for the winter/daily driving duties. The M3 is a blast and a great daily driver but maintenance is required and with a bike i'd save on maintenance, insurance and gas.

Have any of you ever traded a car for a bike?

I'm crossed between the Daytona 675 and a Harley Night rod Special... i'm 6'7" and will be commuting and cruising on whatever i get (if i trade at all). No track time planned, just want a reliable and fun daily driver (summer months)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Never traded a car for a bike but I had a 2008 supercharged Corvette convertible that sat in the driveway all last summer while I was out playing on my XR650L. So maybe that says something.
In the Triumph vs. HD question the HD requires 91 octane and the 675 runs regular so that'll be cheaper.
The HD gets 42 hwy / 34 city and I have 51.3 average showing from my 60 mile drive home from the dealer. Might change but that's pretty kickass!
HD had a dry weight of 643 lbs with the 675 under 400 so it's much more agile.
I'm not saying one way or the other which way to go and the one statistic of you being 6'7" is a definite factor as you might not even fit a 675 so you'll have to give them both a try.
Good luck!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my first bike was a 250 ninja so i'm sure the 675 offers more room in that respect...

after tallying up all the $$$ that i will need to drop to "maintain" my m3 this year... i could easily afford a bike if the car was out of the picture... the question is... should i take it out of the picture

·
Super Moderator
8,839 Posts
Once you ride a 675, you won't drive it anymore anyway. Your choice. :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts