Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really not riding it as much as I thought I would so giving some thought to selling. What would be a fair price to ask? It is a 2007 T100, Red/Black 800 miles, has both the Thruxton Gel and stock seat, burgess exhaust and also have the stock exhaust. Never dropped, in perfect condition. So what should I ask for it?

Picture from last nights bike night:

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
If it helps, I've been shopping for Bonnie's in the STL Area lately.

I just paid $4500 for an 05 Bonnie Black with ~4000 miles on it. It was just across the river in Alton, IL. It was in excellent condition with some of the basic performance upgrades already done by RPM Motorwerks over in Belleville, IL.

On the other side of the coin, Donelson Cycles in St Louis has a leftover 08 T100 That they want ~ $8500 for it.

If you really want to sell it I'd ask $7000 and take $6500. If you aren't sure you are ready to part with it, ask $7500 and see what happens.

By the way, where is that bike night? I live about 45 minutes from you down US-63 toward Rolla, I'd like to check it out.

JB

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I would suggest going to Craigslist and looking at what other ones are listed for. Look in several cities.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By the way, where is that bike night? I live about 45 minutes from you down US-63 toward Rolla, I'd like to check it out.
JB
We have it every Monday night around 6:30 to 9 p.m. or so at Woody's pub in Ashland. You might want to join this board http://midmoriders.com/portal/ to at least keep up with the runs and the bike nights. Most of the guys are sport bike riders, but a very easy to get along with group.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Ask?

Might try telling what has been done a/i, any extras (prob not- too new) tires Man got tired of it fast didnt ya?? I like mine more every day!! Gettin old 04, but adds to the nostalgia of her! Good luck- it will sell!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you want the money, I'm certain that you can do better than NADA in this area.

A low miles, but bone stock, 05 std Bonnie with the silver/gray paint in Cedar Hill, MO went on Craig's List for a $5000 asking price and was gone in under a week.

I don't see many Bonnevilles for sale locally and I frequently check KC and STL's Craig's List sites. The two Triumph dealers in this area rarely have used ones and they go for top dollar when they do.

All that to say if you trust NADA and decide to sell it for much under $5000 PM me and I'll see if I can figure out a way to come up with it.

JB

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
+1 A pristine '07 with 800 miles in desirable black and red should bring $6K or just a hint less if trying to sell it tomorrow.
OP...you say sell it...you never really rode it...amazing...800 miles and an '07.
Cheers,
George

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
It doesn't really matter how much you ask, it's more a question of how much cash you are offered when someone enthusiastic shows up with cash in hand. Then, if you really want to sell the bike, you take the presumably reasonable offer at hand.

If you just want to fool around and spend time because you really don't primarily want to sell the bike, then you don't take the offer, and it doesn't matter anyway.

But I do think that you have the 890 carbed Bonneville, and that's the good one.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
It doesn't really matter how much you ask, it's more a question of how much cash you are offered when someone enthusiastic shows up with cash in hand.
Uhhh, I think it does matter how much you ask. For the simple fact that nobody's gonna offer more than the asking price.

But I do think that you have the 890 carbed Bonneville, and that's the good one.
If you mean the 865 carbed Bonneville, then you'd be right.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Look at Kelly Blue Book and post your bike on Craigslist for a while. If it doesn't move much, post it (for a fee) on CycleTrader. I have sold bikes on both. Luck, timing and negotation are all a part of the process. Include nice pixs of your Bonnie, and determine, each step of the way, just what it's worth to you to have the bike gone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.