Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a 95 Sprint 900 on CraigsList for $2500 that I'm looking at getting. I plan on going up to look at it Sunday, and will probably end up purchasing it if you guys can give me some help.

My girlfriend and I are both pretty tall (I'm 6'1", she's 6'2"). Would the Sprint be comfortable e nough for both of us? She's pretty much all legs, I wouldn't want her to be cramped.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
The T3 sprints are a real comfy beast but for long distance touring would benefit from a better seat, if it hasn't already got one. Corbin is good and still available for that model I think.

The peg positions are sensible, they fit tall riders and pillions well. My son is 6'2'' and is comfortable on the back of my Sprint Sports.

Just to be safe though, take your girl with you and get an idea of comfort before you buy.

As far as other stuff is concerned, there are a few niggly little problems that can crop up from time to time but most are easily rectified. If the bike has been looked after and well serviced, it will be fine. The T3 mill can do big miles before thinking about rebuilds, they are a really solid lump. :D

If you haven't heard one running before, you may be alarmed, at idle the 885 mill is mechanically quite noisy. :eek: This is normal and everything smooths out as rpm increases. ;) Torque is beautiful and power adequate for two-up touring with luggage.

There is a dedicated forum on this site for the T3 bikes; that is, pre fuel injection. Dave might move this thread over there and you will receive a lot more advice from people who own the bike you are looking at.

Good luck with your purchase, for the small outlay, you get a whole lot of bike!

Cheers,

Roden

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sounds good...

Welcome to the T3 threads, Rezigrene. I'm about 5'10"+ but I find my '94 Sprint a tad long for reach and fair on my legs. I would surmise that you would be quite comfortable on the bike provided, as was mentioned by Roden, that you get a good seat. The stocker is a bit hard for long distance comfort. Definitely bring along your girlfriend to check out the bike as the passenger pegs might be a bit high for her long legs and this could be a problem on longer rides. Other than that, the bike is a lot of fun and has all the power you would need to take you most anywhere you want to go in comfort.
If it has been well cared for, its reliability will be anvil-like. :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
My bitchy wife and I have taken several long trips (over 8 hours) on my sprint sport. So, I think the comfort level isn't too bad for a passenger. Probably won't be taking many more long trips anymore though. Too much bitchiness in the equation just isn't entertaining anymore.

·
Registered
826 Posts
i did a long trip on the back of my daytona a couple of years before i bought it off my old man, i am 6ft3 and 18 stone, so certainly not small, and i was fine on it, i bhelieve the sprint pillion pegs are a little lower than on the daytona.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
If you have a Corbin seat comfort for pillion will be as good as you can get I should think..rejetting is a little awkward only as it's a little bit of a struggle to get the airbox off to gain access to the carbs...

If you bike is standard..no need to rejet ;-)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gotcha.

Can't wait to see this thing. It's a really bark blue, like the 1996's, but the guy is saying it's a '95. Did they make a dark blue '95?

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
'Nightshade' was available from '95-'97.

Cheers,
-Kit

1 - 12 of 12 Posts