Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
po already did a shatty job of painint pipes black...I am thinking those mufflers would look good black to....any pics of adventurer of tbird with completely blacked out pipe system....

·
Registered
472 Posts
The way to do correctly is to get your pipes powder coated. Seen a ton of bikes with powder coated black pipes and the stuff really holds up...it's not cheap but IMO worth it. There are some high heat paints on the market and old style header paints but they generally have their issues. Maybe someone on the forum has tried something and had some luck with it.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
i have painted mine with "pot belly black" its a flat black for painting fire places last pretty good and easy to touch up if you mark them if you go the way of high temp paint it is a good idea to warm the part first then paint this winter i am sending mine of to get HPC coated its a ceramic coating i have used before on exhaust,pistons ,valves etc it dispurses the heat evenly and keeps an even colour all along the pipes its not cheap they will charge me $350 aussie for my 3 into 1 but this bike is staying in my shed forever so i dont care and never ever add up what ya spend on it or tell the wife !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts