Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about adding a Black to my stable and am looking for ideas on what I should have done to it prior to picking it up. Not looking for major mods - just the "must dos". Going fairly stock - fork gaitors, center stand, etc.

Thanks in advance for the tips! :-D

·
Registered
673 Posts
How handy are you? With a little bit of research on this forum, you can pretty much do any mods you want on your own. I'd ride the bike a little and then decide on the mods. Things like the A.I. removal can be done in less than an hour, hard to fork down the cash for a dealer to do it when you can spend that money on good stuff like new bars or new intake if you ride a bit and decide to go that route. I'd skip the center stand and get a motorcycle jack for under $100 so that you can do any work you need to do, but that's just me. Any way you go, you're gonna love the bike, so have fun and get ready to answer questions at stop lights.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I just signed for my Bonnie Black on Thursday. Since it was 15% off for the Bike Week for the Rest of Us demo and he wasn't charging labor, I'm getting a center stand, TORs with rejetting and a locking gas cap.

If I was getting gaitors, I'd forget the Triumph ones and go with Bellacorse Super Gaitors. The Triumph ones just don't look right to me, too many pleats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts