Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We are in the middle of the Isle of Man TT races here at the moment. One of the great things is you get to ride the course, and the added bonus that there is no speed limit over the very fast mountain section. It's not been warm this year, maybe only 58 F, so view the link below and watch a fireblade rider ride the mountain, with a difference .. The only tenuous link to the site is that his companion filming is on a Daytona 675. Manx police are unsure if they can procecute him, as he was wearing a helmet, boots and gloves ...

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
haha.. that takes some balls- for lack of a better word.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
It appears the police will have little to work with and only a small chance of arresting the culprit. They're obviously short on clues. I wonder if the rider felt embareassed?

·
Registered
692 Posts
At first I thought that there was a flasher at the beginning - for some reason Brits seem to like to flash at many sporting events - then I discovered that this guy was the rider.

Must admit this guy has a lot of confidense to ride naked - one fall and...

Lastly, I thought the U.K. had gone metric, but the speedo on the Triumph is in m.p.h. not k.p.h. You still mark roads in miles and speed in m.p.h.?

·
Registered
106 Posts
How'd ya like to be known as the guy trying to catch a naked guy? :eek:
Don't want to come up behind him too fast...if you know what I mean...

·
Registered
106 Posts
We are in the middle of the Isle of Man TT races here at the moment. One of the great things is you get to ride the course, and the added bonus that there is no speed limit over the very fast mountain section. It's not been warm this year, maybe only 58 F, so view the link below and watch a fireblade rider ride the mountain, with a differnce .. The only tenuous link to the site is that his companion filming is on a Daytona 675. Manx police are unsure if they can procecute him, as he was wearing a helmet, boots and gloves ...

Link
I rode in my skivies once years ago, talk about a feeling of freedom!

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Did he leave any skid marks?

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Yup, UK is and has been a mixed bag since 'afore I left there
..........over 10 years ago.........
Metric for fuel and English for miles travelled and miles per hour, metric for your 2 kilo's of sliced ham, though why do I feel last year I saw miles travelled and kilometres travelled signs up in Scotland????

·
Registered
422 Posts
Was he taking a bathroom break at the end there? Sure makes the process a lot easier with no gear. :D

·
Registered
266 Posts
Is 128mph as fast as a 675 goes, or as fast as he would go on a 675? Any one know when the races will be on USA tv? HDNET channel ran them last year, and is rerunning 2010 races now....tomp

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Yep, a cool blast of air will do that.

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
I think this has gone a bit beyond our PG13 criteria.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.