Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Vid is not working here, although I suspect there's some pretty bad ones on it??

I've had some decent "events"....key is just to relax....the bike will sort itself out in due course.

H

·
0 Posts
Fantastic how easily some riders make it look to recover. Most week end warriors would be in the weeds or wadded up in the safety fence. Great vid, thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
I've got a wobbly boot. It keeps me from chasing after all the fantastic women I see when I've got the beer goggles on. :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vid is not working here, although I suspect there's some pretty bad ones on it??

I've had some decent "events"....key is just to relax....the bike will sort itself out in due course.
Hope you can eventually see it, some real " pants poopers" on here. It is basically an " oh sh..t" moment and survival reflects takes over as one is just hanging on hoping to save it. I like the 1st one where the guy just looks back to the road.like " what was that??"

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
249 Posts
I had one entering a turn two weeks ago at Big Willow. Turn 3. Nearly **** myself. As soon as I realized I had saved it, I smiled inside my helmet and pinned the throttle! Figured luck was with me and I better use it while it was still there.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
147 Posts
Wow, the ones at about 2:12 are pretty hairy.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've only ever experienced three wobbles of the tank slapper kind.

First was on my old 1975 GT750 Suzuki,dead straight down hill stretch when we hit a slight bump while traveling around 80 mph.

she just went into this massive tank slapper and I let go the throttle out of instinct (you can also spell that as FEAR:eek:),,and the bike straightened up again.

Next time was on my Suzuki GS850 (starting to see a pattern here).
Anyway,that was also at around 80mph but it started as a slow weave that began to head for tank slapper country before I managed to bring it back under control by slowly backing off the gas.

The last was while riding the same bike and I have no real idea why it happened.
I came out of a hard left hander under gas and as I lifted the bike to nail the straight it went into a real violent tank slapper an spat me off over the bars,then followed me into the ditch to let me know who was boss by smashing me into a hospital bed for six weeks.

I gave up on Suzuki's after that, and it took me another four years before I was up to riding again and got up the courage to buy a couple of boxes of junk that I built up into my 66 Saint.

Wobbles,,,tank slappers,,,you can keep em' thanks.;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts