Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
909 Posts
Welcome greyplague - glad to see you on board. Are you one of the forumactif chaps?

SCCTrim & sweatmachine,
I've been hoping to have a link to the wiki page put somewhere visible and, with luck (and due to your efforts), it might be in the pipeline at last. I must say thanks to both of you for your support in helping people find the page - it really is very much appreciated.
Also, many thanks to all those who've written accounts of their mods for the rest of us to learn from - without you, the page would have been a non-starter.
:cool:

Meanwhile here's another gratuitous link to the ...<A HREF="http://wiki.triumphrat.net/TriumphTwinMods" TARGET="_blank">
</A>
*Triumph Twin Mods*Triumph Twin Tweaks*

... and the
Twin Mod & Tweak Links Subnmissions page

[ This message was edited by: keef on 2007-06-13 13:56 ]

· Registered
909 Posts
Thanks chaps - it's good to know it's of use to you.

Shorty,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble getting onto the wiki site.

You can log on by going to any wiki page and clicking the Login/Register link at the top of the page. It might be worth reading through the Wiki How To and the Wiki Tutorial pages first though. You'll need to choose a "CamelCase" wiki name (a name with two capital letters in it) for yourself – for example, "shorty" might become "ShOrty" or "ShortY", etc.

There are different levels of access to pages, as detailed in the How To page. The Triumph Twin Mod Links page is an owned page and, therefore cannot be altered by anyone other than the administrator and me. The reason for this is that the layout of the page is formatted in a way that could easily be screwed up (position of titles, links, photos, boxes, etc.) and which took me a good while to set up – indeed, it is still evolving as I learn and as new formatting options become available. Therefore, I've limited write access to the page whilst retaining public read & comment access to it.

If there are any additions to the page which you would like to see, please feel free to PM me. In fact, since you mention it, it might be a good idea if I set up a public read & write Mod Links Submission page – I'll get on it right away.

Cheers,
keef

Here we are...
Triumph Twin Mod Link Submissions

[ This message was edited by: keef on 2007-02-09 08:14 ]

· Registered
1,473 Posts
Came to think of it: How 'bout getting T-shirts with this motif printed on them? And maybe some text "TriumphRat.net Mod monkey" or something..? I'd buy some for sure... :cool:

· Registered
909 Posts
On 2007-03-29 21:59, bellbluetriumph wrote:
OK whats the secret I can login and see the page list BUT cannot get into any pages to read!Keeps telling me I don't have access?? I have read the help pages but stuck?!
SOOO here I am logged in and need to read all the great info listed.HELP
Jim
Jim,
I think you might be experiencing a browser problem rather than a problem with the wiki page. All I can think of is to try right clicking on the link you want to open and selecting "open" or "open in new window".
I hope this helps - let me know.

ivar,
Not a bad idea. I'm not sure how I would go about getting the design onto a T-shirt transfer, but if you or anyone else feels like doing it I have no objection (it might be an idea to clear it with Shawn first, though - if only to make sure) - just send me a couple. Maybe it could be accompanied with the slogan: "SUCK! BANG! BLOW!"
:-D

Incidentally, there have been a few suggested links for the Twin Mod Links page which, whilst interesting and useful (and most appreciated nonetheless), don't really qualify as "modifications" as such. It's possible they would be more suited to a "Twin Maintenance Tip & Hint Links" wiki page. Does the creation of such a page sound feasible? Would anyone out there like to take it on?

[ This message was edited by: keef on 2007-03-31 11:26 ]

· Registered
909 Posts
Just a quick update...

I've put together a new page using the existing Twin Mod Links page as a template, only this one will list useful and novel maintenance hints and techniques as well as alternative parts which can be used. It's mainly a way of coping with the increasingly fine line between what can be termed a "mod" and a "tweak", which I mentioned earlier. I've no idea whether it will prove a success, but I don't suppose it'll do any harm.
For want of a better name, I've called it the Twin Tweak Links page - I considered subtitling it with the slogan "darkness walk with me", but I though that might be a bit lean.
:razz:
Okay, it looks a bit sparse right now but I hope it'll fill out - and as always, your help in collecting these links is very much appreciated.

[ This message was edited by: keef on 2007-04-04 09:17 ]

· Registered
657 Posts
On 2007-03-27 08:33, ivar wrote:
Came to think of it: How 'bout getting T-shirts with this motif printed on them? And maybe some text "TriumphRat.net Mod monkey" or something..? I'd buy some for sure... :cool:

I'm with you Ivar. Everytime I see that logo look at me, I marvel at the creativity that put it together.

· Registered
909 Posts
Thanks TCL.
I made it out of spare bonnie bits lying around my workshop. The cranium is a timing cover (obviously), the eyes are the pistons (and a gudgeon pin) I took out when I fitted my 904 kit, the cheek bones are a cylinder base gasket and the brackets from a summer screen, the jaw is part of the AI, and the teeth are just some sockets. Add to that a couple of torque wrenches and Bob's your uncle.
If there's enough interest, perhaps I should get a few T-shirts printed up sometime.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.