Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
I bought a gift to myself, some old Hornby trains from a lad on another Triumph forum including a model of The Flying Scotsman, which my grandfather fired on a few times for LNER....there's nothing like a small plastic model to help one preserve the family heritage...!

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
Of all things the most interesting was a bonsai tree. I have no idea what to do with it but I'm intrigued by the prospect of training it onto the form of a modern classic. And I got a bottle of Connemara along with a bottle of "Rat Bastard" root beer that claims to make you feel like something you're not.
If it's well established I'd submerge the whole pot every day to water it. and give it a feed every month or two.

Apart from that trim it a little and often.

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
My sweet wife completely surprised me with a new AGV GP-Tech Rossi Chicken helmet.

I also got several vintage motorcycle T-shirts (Norton, Ducati, Montessa, and Bultaco).

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I got money from my Mom. A gift card from my nephew and a really nice North Face windproof waterproof insulated jacket from my stepson.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I asked for nothing and got a ton of goodies from the Brother's wife. She's a master cook and baker. Did get a warm feeling when I donated a few Kongs and about 100lbs of dog food to the local shelter.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'm half Tsimshian Indian and my dad and brother are part of the Alaska Native dance group Lepquinm Gumilgit Gagoadim. A woven cedar bark hat is part of their regalia.

For Christmas my Folks gave me the hat I'm wearing below. It was woven by relative Loa Ryan of the Seattle area. My grandmother was a renowned basket weaver and years ago, before her passing, I went out and helped her collect cedar bark in Southeast AK. Good times.

My other brother and his wife gave me a Harley-Davidson Bike Wash Kit. Years ago (when all I thought of were sportbikes) they gave me an animated musical Santa moose on a chopper. I still have it and am now telling them that they helped plant the seed for me getting a Harley. I tell ya, this brother seemed almost more excited about me getting the Softail than I was!

Mark H. of the Wolf Clan

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
A gift certificate to ride the mail packet jet boat up the Rogue River in Oregon this June. 105 miles, lunch included. Too cool!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also got a remote control helicopter. I actually got two of them, but I kept both since I will probably break the first one crashing it into things.

I also got some clothes, a Keurig coffee maker, Omaha Steaks and 400 rounds of 9mm ammo.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts