Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Triumph Thunderbird Storm
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I few years ago I bought a very well-maintained 2001 Legend TT from a BMW dealer in the suburbs of Chicago. It was all stock with fairly low mileage. I had big plans for this bike-- I had obtained a 2006 Suzuki GSX-R front end from a friend that put me on the café path. I bought a 3-into-1 system from ThunderBike in New Zealand and a beautiful air-cooled Thruxton seat unit with a carbon cowl. But the combination of an unfortunate financial situation and a diagnosis of traumatic arthritis in my right wrist meant that I had to let the bike ago, along with my '73 T140. However, I did sell it to my mechanic, so I guess that's kind of like having visitation rights LMAO

·
Registered
2016 Diablo Red Thruxton 1200 R
1,320 Posts
So sad to hear my man I wish u the best of Health!…FTG

·
Registered
365 Posts
Really sorry to hear this. Beautiful bike and I'd love to hear your feedback on how the front end conversion turned out, plus how you adapted the front wheel to fit.
Hope your health improves.

·
Registered
2017 Triumph Thunderbird Storm
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really sorry to hear this. Beautiful bike and I'd love to hear your feedback on how the front end conversion turned out, plus how you adapted the front wheel to fit.
Hope your health improves.
The front end worked out really well. The GSX-R front end was shorter than the stock setup, so it ended up lowering the front a little, which I feel improved the bike's willingness to change direction. The front wheel and hub were new, the shop that did the work ordered it as a kit along with the triple trees. I appreciate the good wishes, thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts