Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a big difference in sound going from a straight Triumph "off road" pipe to the underseat? Years ago I had a S3 with some kind of over and around pipe with the Scorpion silencer mounted on the opposite side. Not only did I love the looks of it, but it mellowed out the sound. I loved that bike and when the dealer swaped out that set up for my straight Triumph pipe in order to install a rack (clearance problems) I was not as happy with the bike.

Any experience with different configs. and sounds on our 955is?

Thks mates!

·
Registered
196 Posts
TOR carbon is a deeper sound, the wolf underseat is a slightly higher pitch but sound more race like. It's all good., I love them both. :razz: Oh yeah the wolf underseat keeps the pillions bum warm, the wife likes that.

[ This message was edited by: Tomsk on 2006-12-11 16:34 ]

·
Registered
174 Posts
C'mon guys , with all you out there with Wolf Pipes , surely someone has a sound file for us mere mortals to hear , Peter , you really should have one , good advertising I would say , Pleaseeeeeeeeeee post a file for us to hear !!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey, I've just ordered a Wolf system, and am going to make a video of the sound prior to fitting the wolf, and a video of the sound once it's fitted. I might make a quick one of fitting it too, although weilding a video camera whilst cursing with my socket set might not be too useful.

There is a video already on google video of a guy giving a demo of his wolf system, but it's basically just idling in his drive. I plan to tape the camera facing backwards and opening up the bike on the road as I think the engine sound is very different when it's actually pulling the weight of the bike.

My current system is the factory standard, though, not a race can like you wanted.

It'll be up over the next couple of weeks, depending on the weather and intensity of festive hangovers.

Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts