Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Break out your check books for this Triumph, only $10,195!
Triumph Ebay

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Well, I assume that includes shipping...
:-D

·
Registered
145 Posts
At that price I will sell anyone a perfectly restored 1967 T120R. Heck, I'll even offer a discount if you contact me.

Dan

On 2007-03-01 13:49, Iceseven wrote:
Break out your check books for this Triumph, only $10,195!
Triumph Ebay

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
what a joke.

I'll give him $300 for the motor. He can keep the rest.

If I had more money than brains, I'd bid on this bike: CLICK

[ This message was edited by: McQueen on 2007-03-01 16:56 ]

·
Registered
209 Posts
I fail to see anything that was done to that bike that improved it in any way over stock. Well, other than maybe the Boyer electronic ignition. Sad, the vandalism that's inflicted in the name of "customization". :puke:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Is that a kick-starter I see??? Sheesh, I sure don't miss those days. I still remember trying to get a BSA Victor (450cc) started one cold night in about 1969. Friggen thing would not start and it was just killing me... to the point that I could barely push the starter down anymore. Probably a blessing in disguise, as all the exertion sobered me up to where I remembered about the compression relief. Oy. :lollol:

·
Registered
153 Posts
What a goof....1965 frames had rear shocks...he doesn't even know what he's has.. SAD ! the guys that did the work and took his money saw this turkey coming a long way off.....

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
It depends on what you consider silly I guess. :???:

->THIS<- appears down right foolish (on the seller's behalf).

It looks like somebody got one hell of a good deal!!! Who knows, we may even have the lucky bastard as a new member soon.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
On 2007-03-01 21:15, road_dog wrote:
It depends on what you consider silly I guess. :???:

->THIS<- appears down right foolish (on the seller's behalf).

It looks like somebody got one hell of a good deal!!! Who knows, we may even have the lucky bastard as a new member soon.
Holy smokes! - now that WAS a good buy! 184 miles... unbelievable...
congrats to the lucky buyer!

Cheers,

D9

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
TT Cycles has been selling bikes in easily in the 8k range. That one has a bolt-on hardtail and it does not look like the main section was altered (not easy to see in these pix). $10k might be a bit of a stretch, but these days not too far off the mark. TT's last bike didn't sell on Ebay at $8.5k, I'll watch this one.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
To each their own but.... what the ..... were they thinking?
(I imagine the owner when ordering the bike :
Yeah, and I want real long forks, and it has to look like those kewl OCC bikes. And solo seat. And a passenger seat. And leather tassles over all etc...

·
Registered
153 Posts
OH YES ! You are right about Baxter Cycles...Man, what great restorations.....Robert

·
Registered
220 Posts
I dunno. Lots of oldsters now have the money to buy a "chopper', and the poor bastages have forgotten what a PIA they are\were. Those old school thangs are selling GOOD.

That's one reason I keep a 1968 bike around. The steady drool of oil on the floor keeps my memory fresh, and makes the Bonnie look better all the time.

·
Registered
589 Posts
To each his own, and I am pretty sure the guy knows what he has got if you read the description, and not just looked at the pics.

Nathan

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I read the description and couldn't quite get past the "Indian Larry" of british bikes quote.

I have followed the Brit vintage market for the last twenty five years and have seen the increase in value in the classics but can't say that I have see a Triumph chopper worth 10 grand, but your right to each his own. Wish I still had my 1974 Trident, paid $800 for it and it had 4000 original miles, I see those going for 4 to 5K.

[ This message was edited by: Iceseven on 2007-03-02 15:38 ]

1 - 20 of 49 Posts