Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
The only time I stand in line at the post office is to buy stamps. Not very often. Otherwise it is to walk in and check my mailbox, an easy “in and out” affair.

To ship packages, it is the FedEx store.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The post offices have become a bit redundant in the UK, loads of them are closing down. A lot of people use courier services for parcels and the like and you can get stamps in most shops nowadays but it's not often that I buy these now we've got this fancy new internet thingy, email's are a whole lot easier and cheaper.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
The post offices have become a bit redundant in the UK, loads of them are closing down. A lot of people use courier services for parcels and the like and you can get stamps in most shops nowadays but it's not often that I buy these now we've got this fancy new internet thingy, email's are a whole lot easier and cheaper.
All true. My need for stamps is because I am a ham radio operator. Some of us in the hobby still like to send and receive actual QSL cards denoting contacts made on the air.

There are lazy ways to accomplish the same thing in digital format, but some of us pride ourselves on not being lazy.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All true. My need for stamps is because I am a ham radio operator. Some of us in the hobby still like to send and receive actual QSL cards denoting contacts made on the air.

There are lazy ways to accomplish the same thing in digital format, but some of us pride ourselves on not being lazy.
I don't know much about ham radio, but I think it's a good thing when people keep the old ways of doing things alive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts