Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dispite the heavy rain and uncertain ride weather, I still had a good time at the RAT RAID in Arkansas.
So much stuff was given away, I had to buy 2 waterproof bags and net strap to my 2013 Trophy just to get it all back to Texas.
My wife and I had a good time and enjoyed everyone we met...Thanks to all who attended.

During the gathering, we all voted to move the event to the 2nd weekend in June... this was to reduce the risk of bad weather and still maintain a decent temperature for riding in the hills.

IF you have never attended, nor driven the mountain roads of Arkansas, you do not know what you are missing. GOD's COUNTRY! The roads are great and it is turn after turn with beautiful scenery.

Watch for the flyer for next year.... I WILL BE THERE.

The bike they gave away this year was a Sprint GT.. It was super clean like it was off the show room floor..

See ya'll next year.

Chris

·
Registered
94 Posts
Right on Brother, Been going since the first in 2010. The brothers do a great job of making the ralley fantastic. I will have to start reminding people earlier in the year.
Its a great place to wear out the (sides) of your tires!

ride safe

Dan

·
Registered
58 Posts
This was my first year to go. The roads are amazing, well maintained, low traffic. Just as advertised! Met some great folks and had a really good time despite the weather. Going again next year. Myself and a couple of blokes actually got to do the upper part of Hwy 123 in the dry. I found a web site that is really easy to use to record or plan rides, "www.plotaroute.com". My weekend, although abbreviated by the weather is on there. Just look on the map around Hwy 7 south of Harrison, AR. The weather in June should be better (hope it's not too hot), My only worry is increased traffic, the locals know how to drive but the tourists could really stop things up. Guess we"ll find out next year. We can always change it back.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts