Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Well I understand where you are coming from. About forty years ago had an older friend of mine sell his Indian Chief and get a Honda 350. I didn't understand it then but I do now.

Hope its only the Scooter that got smaller o_O

Watch out for the Blue Hairs down there & ride safe

K

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I want a pair of those.

I went from a Sprint to a Tiger 800 because the low bars of the Sprint made it difficult to maneuver when pushing it around for parking and storing. I also fell a couple of times putting it on a trailer. The higher bars on the Tiger give me much better leverage to roll it around and for picking it up. Hey, if you don't fall once in a while, you ain't having the most fun. :) I needed help the last couple of times I had to pick up the Sprint.

When my wife retired, I got her a Bonneville America. That turned out to be a mistake. Her cancer has weakened her to the point I don't think she cold lift if off the sidestand. I thought we could use it as a two up ride since it would be more comfortable for her as pillion than the Tiger. That don't happen.

When she gets through the latest setback, a pair of those Hondas might be just the ticket.

Let us know how it works for you.
Wishing the best for you and your wife.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm 72 and while I cannot see getting rid of my much loved '17 T120, I can certainly understand a smaller machine for around town. Last year I purchased a Honda PCX150 and couldn't be happier. Incredibly nimble, room for groceries and lots of fun to ride.
This year I put more miles on the little guy than on the Bonnie!
Sigh....

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I run a KTM Duke 390 as my shopping trolley , I occasionally dream about two thirds of a 675 in a similar chassis . Heck I'll even give it a name " Triumph Fury " .

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
My bikes have gotten lighter, smaller, and lower to the ground as I've aged. More simple for me to control at stops, parking lots, etc. I owned a Vespa GTS 300 (cc) Super once and it was a fine machine. Now riding a Trump Street Twin.
I also owned a Vespa GTS 300 for about 4k miles. I loved it and will definitely consider getting another one. The problem is my local Vespa dealer closed. The closest one is about an hour and half away now.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Mid-1960s Triumph 650s are around 360lbs dry; twin cylinder so less risk of a broken leg when kick-starting compared to a Brit single cylinder. The Trophy 500 is probably 20 lbs lighter still.

For comparison, the current T120 Bonneville is around 500lbs = bloated.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts