Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Super Moderator
That looks like a lot of fun. I looked at one just like that at our Outdoors show last fall.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #6
I've been riding over 50 years and have had countless motorcycles. I put the most miles on my Harley Ultra Classic, but have had many Harley and BMWs. Sold my last Road King and bought a T120. Still have that and love it. The Super Cub is just for running around town (and to meet the nicest people).

Registered
I wish they made one with a horizontal twin of 125-200cc. I was tempted to buy a 300cc Vespa. It would cruise nicely on the turnpike to the next town

Premium Member
If you have a young person in your family who loves to ride bicycles, you can have a Peter Eganesque type adventure.
Make sure to memorialize your journey here.

Registered
I haven't gotten to that level of efficient transport, but your post headline definitely describes me too. I've owned my last > 500 lb. bike. Most preferably any future candidate would be under 475 wet with an engine HP and torque that's sufficient to pull hard off the line and between 60 and 85 mph. Done with heavy bikes, but still want one in the stable to be the "miler".

Premium Member
I wish someone would make an air-cooled, twin-shock, retro styled 350-500cc twin, it'd do me just perfect.
I agree with you, my Bonneville is the heaviest bike I have ever owned, As I age I notice I can not out muscle the bike as well, I raced dirt/moto for a number of years and mainly rode dirt/moto/street bikes. I have a 70 bonne thats much lighter then my 14 bonne but me and carburetors do not get along otherwise I'd ride it all the time.

Registered
Such a shame that you let the Speedmaster go, did you not like it anymore?
It always looked good to me except for the small headlight, I prefer the 7" style.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #19
Such a shame that you let the Speedmaster go, did you not like it anymore?
It always looked good to me except for the small headlight, I prefer the 7" style.
I actually liked the Speedmaster a lot. My SO, who likes to ride with me, not so much. She is just too tall for it and really prefers to be with me on the back of the T120. I'm OK with that.

It is getting harder to have 2 bikes that are that similar in the garage. Plus, summer is here in Florida and I don't ride as much in this heat. The timing was right.

My SO has a Vespa 150 and has not ridden it in a long time. The first thing she said to me when I brought the Super Cub home was, "Good, now maybe we can ride together with the Vespa." That made it all worth it.

Registered
I want a pair of those.

I went from a Sprint to a Tiger 800 because the low bars of the Sprint made it difficult to maneuver when pushing it around for parking and storing. I also fell a couple of times putting it on a trailer. The higher bars on the Tiger give me much better leverage to roll it around and for picking it up. Hey, if you don't fall once in a while, you ain't having the most fun. :) I needed help the last couple of times I had to pick up the Sprint.

When my wife retired, I got her a Bonneville America. That turned out to be a mistake. Her cancer has weakened her to the point I don't think she cold lift if off the sidestand. I thought we could use it as a two up ride since it would be more comfortable for her as pillion than the Tiger. That don't happen.

When she gets through the latest setback, a pair of those Hondas might be just the ticket.

Let us know how it works for you.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts