Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, by popular demand, the old Hinckley Triumph FAQ is at a new location:

http://www.kithalsted.com/HinckleyFAQ.html

The copyright is close enough to free for me to post it on my site, but wonky enough that I'm not going to post it on Shawn's. If I have time (HAH!), I may update it a little.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Premium Member
487 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, man, I had forgotten that that was on my old server. The link on my box is not permanently dead, but it'll be a few more weeks before all my stuff is fully restored. In the mean time, I believe what I had on my server was copied from that exact link.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Kit, are there any alternate locations you know of for the old Hinckley FAQ material? On review of some of my bookmarks, I see that the link to the old Hinckley FAQ on the Thunderbike site is no longer working. Hopefully its a temporary thing as I don't think they would have deleted content.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
I had to go to archive.org to look something up a while back (and saved a pdf if you need it). I could not find it anywhere else.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
What an excellent idea! I had completely forgotten about the wayback machine.

Went and found the FAQ on the wayback machine and and saved a copy of it for my files.

Thanks for the outstanding suggestion.

·
Registered
826 Posts
heres just a thought......
maybe if one of our members who is slightly better at computery trickery than myself could go through all the FAQ's, and pull out the major issues (ie sprag clutch, crank sensor, coils, etc) and build up a diagnostic flow chart that members could follow?

like i said tho, just a thought, may not be feasable.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
123 Posts
Every link I can find above is broken. So here's one that should not break - direct to the waybackmachine archived copy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts