Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Moto Guzzi Griso
Hello to all ,I've seen people talk and be very open mind here in this forum so guessing its a gooda place as any to ask if any one has one or test riden one ?? .I owned a Bonneville T100 which suffered heat damage though a plastic sheet blowing on to it and melting ,so I'am looking for a new bike and would like to try something differnt. Or may theres a bike which I should look at !please any help warmly received .

lewi signin out

·
Registered
347 Posts
I don't have one and I don't know anyone who does. But I would consider murder to get one.

From what I read, they're well made, heavy but good fun.

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
I owned a V50 in 1991. It was a horrible piece of ****e but I loved it. The motors are fine, the gearboxes are utter bollocks. I run a regular thursday ride and one of the guys that goes on it, Peter, rides a 92 Guzzi 1100. It has done 250,000 kms. We are selling a couple of Triumphs at the moment and he wanted to test ride the wife`s 05 1050 Speed triple. I rode his Guzzi and led the ride. The most frightening thing I have ever experienced in going hard into a low speed corner on the Guzzi, dropping from 3rd to second and hitting a false neutral and having to take a tight corner with the left (gearchange) peg and my boot scraping, in neutral, whilst trying to find (any) a gear.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Haven't ridden the Griso but I have the Norge. Nice bike, well balanced, quaint motor. Makes a nice patate, patate, patate sound. (The Italian version of potato, potato, potato.) Fun at lower speeds where the torque and horsepower reside. High rpms aren't as exciting. Beautiful craftsmanship and colors. Seat is very comfy. Superb wind protection. Wish I could find a used MG. I've always wanted an Italian bike that doesn't cost a zillion dollars to service.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I took advantage of an Aprillia/Guzzi demo day and although they had the Griso, it was not available to be test ridden so I took out the Shiver (loved it) and the Norge...

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
The Griso makes my sticker peck out!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Form what I'am hearing in general there are more +'s than -'s ,going to test ride one at the weekend ,the spec on these things look pretty good ?

I dont thing moto guzzi is like what its was thanks to Aprilia and Piagiao ,well I'll find out soon :)
thanks for the replys

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
A couple more just to tweak you up a little.Th bike runs 135+hp and is shaft driven and was available in 2006 and will be again in 2009 as I understand.

Mr. Guzzi please make one for the road, pretty please!!:D

Cheers

Jeff:motorbike2:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got some pennys to spare

http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/GetDealer.do?did=25616&pageid=1 look for MOTO GUZZI MGS-01 CORSA

Here they made one for on the road at a price :rolleyes:

This weekend I manged to get a test ride on a griso , I did feel right getting on this bike because both tyres had flat spots on them,the back one look more like a car tyre :( so could nt get the true feeling on the bikes handling .Brakes very good /engine gives nice smooth responce to the shaftdrive
The dealer did say he would'nt put new tyres on unless I was going to buy it , Not good sales tactics if you ask me .
Well I ended up putting money down on a CB1300s at a differnt bike shop because I'am needed a bike asap also was on my wish list :)
Thanks for the replys guys !!!

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
I test-rode a Griso at the Long Beach Motorcycle show a couple years back and I have to say, it was a BLAST!!!

It's not the fastest bike out there, nor the lightest or best handling but it just "felt" nice. I loved it...

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'v ridden my friends Griso. It felt lighter and faster than my bonneville. Smoother too. Really beautiful bike. The griso I rode had clip-ons and at 5'10" I felt very stretched out on it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts