Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've discovered the triangular "Made in Great Britain" badge on my alternator has either been pinched or has fallen off. Does anyone know if you can get replacements for this? I don't want people to think my bike was made in Thailand LOL :eek:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sorry to disappoint you, Sunshine, but the badge only says "Great Britain", there is no "Made in", at least that's what mine says..

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi Sonwbonnie. My 2002 bonnie had "Made in Great Britain" so they must changed it for the more recent models. Maybe that's why it was pinched :(

I've uploaded a pic but because of size limits on uploads you won't really be able to make it out.

I've checked a photo of my bike and it definitely says

"Triumph
Made in
Great Britain"​

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
I suspects you could be correct, Sunshine, mine is an 08 model, so I assume it is of Thai origin. Just having "Great Britain" on the badge certainly infers it is of British origin, isn't false advertising and certainly looks better than "Made in Thailand" on a Trumpy. Let me know when you replace yours so I can come and pinch 'em and make mine look better. Bit of a bastard act, though, to pinch a lousy badge.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Snowbonnie I tried to magnify the cropped pic of the badge. You might just be able to make out the wording. Even with the best resolution, the quality of such magnification will never be that good LOL.

·
30,527 Posts
I recall hearing of someone else whos badge had fallen off. I believe you can buy one of those through your triumph dealer, I think there is a part number for it.

·
30,527 Posts
Don't hold your breath - it has likely been superceded by one of the ones that no longer says "made in". If that's a big deal, you might want to try and find an old engine cover from someone. They sometimes come up on our classifieds and on ebay from people who have changed engine covers.

It's not something that worries me to be honest - but each to their own.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Prop it's not that important in the whole scheme of thing. But!! ... it is annoying that it's gone whether someone nicked it, or it fell off. Mine is an earlier bike make in the U.K. I'm happy with that. It adds an added "smug" factor and I'm proud of that. However, I'm not a believer that the quality of the product is necessarily any better because of that. Ultimately I'll end up replacing the badge, and I'll probably take what's available. By why not be happy when you have one of the earlier ones actually made in the "Great Britain" since it is meant to be a British bike.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Prop it's not that important in the whole scheme of thing. But!! ... it is annoying that it's gone whether someone nicked it, or it fell off. Mine is an earlier bike make in the U.K. I'm happy with that. It adds an added "smug" factor and I'm proud of that. However, I'm not a believer that the quality of the product is necessarily any better because of that. Ultimately I'll end up replacing the badge, and I'll probably take what's available. By why not be happy when you have one of the earlier ones actually made in the "Great Britain" since it is meant to be a British bike.
Something falling off a bike made in Great Britain!! Shades of Triumph 's past ....:D

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
02 Would say "Made In" for sure. They didn't got Thai until 06 (me thinks) when the "Made In" came off. My TT says "Made In" as well.

I would check some of those British restoration sites for Triumphs, they probably have reproductions from the Original bikes.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
"Assembled in Thailand" just doesn't have the same ring to it does it.....

Oh well at least its not a BMW parallel because that would say "Made by Hyosung".

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I love Thailand, have been there a couple of times and had a ball. But my bike's not made there and you're right "Made in Thailand" or "Assembled in Thailand" does not have the same ring. I'm tempted to get my replacement custom made and have it say

Made in
England

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a 2002 Bonnie and it does indeed say "Made in Great Britian." I checked mine and noticed it was slightly loose but I could see how someone could easily pull it off. I'm looking here locally and on-line for these (I live in Charlotte, NC). If I find anything I will let you know.

Good luck and don't give up.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts