Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now available: Side Mount Steering Damper for 05-07 S3.

The aluminum bodied damper is from Shindy Japan and has 7 adjustment settings.

The valve cover mount is aluminum and is available in two bare finishes, glass bead and brushed (see pic). The screws supplied to mount it are "shoulder" bolts. These work just like the stockers but are longer so no loose spacers are needed (as with other kits). Plus they are stainless steel. The space between the rear mounting bolt and the frame is small, too small for a standard allen wrench so I supply a stubby wrench with the kit.

Unlike some other side mount kits this long stroke damper allows full lock-to-lock steering. This a complete kit and comes with everything needed to mount it to bike.

Thanks again to spinblebeak for loaning me his bike for yet another project.

Price is $334 plus shipping. Add $10 for brushed finish.
This item may be purchased from my web site moto-fab.com

email [email protected]

Brushed finish on left (+$10), and glass bead

[ This message was edited by: Ted383 on 2007-02-06 14:43 ]

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Yummy, but I think I'd prefer a top mount and can't seem to find a decent one. And why are steering dampers so expensive anyhows?

[ This message was edited by: Avi8or on 2006-12-25 02:33 ]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, a side mount is not for everyone. Every style of steering damper has it's pros and cons. The valve cover mount is the only part I make mayself, the rest is purchased so I can't say exactly why dampers cost what they do. I know Scott's go for around $400, Matris over $500, and the one Muzzy makes for the ZRX goes for $580 :eek:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Good job Ted, the kit came together nice. :-D

I would have to attest that the fit and finish is excellent and it does give you that extra confidence when doing those top speed runs or wheelies. :razz:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts