Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to join the S3 crew. the bike is up for sale hopefully i can sell it in a timly fashion and then i will pick up a S3.

i ran the numbers and i can still get the mini if anyone was curious.


_steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
You're selling your Hardley?! What, old chicks that smelled like chewing tobacco and stale Bud Light weren't cuttin' it anymore?
I say "good riddance" to the Hog. It only slowed ya down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
646 Posts
On 2007-03-02 20:05, smashtime wrote:
You're selling your Hardley?! What, old chicks that smelled like chewing tobacco and stale Bud Light weren't cuttin' it anymore?
I say "good riddance" to the Hog. It only slowed ya down.
heh, heh..yeah now he's planning on getting a bike he cant put anyone on.

Dont forget to trade in the open face for a full face helmet...you'll need it to hide the silly grin you'll be wearing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,008 Posts
good sale-up!

can't wait to read your first post after you step over to the real dark side.
your soul will thank you! and hey, we'll all wave at you now! :)
-b
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
This is funny because I just got the call from the triumph dealer that I can take the 01 S3 for a test ride on Tuesday. I wonder if I will be trading in my harley.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,869 Posts
Congrats, STEVOMERCKX! :bday: And Screendmon, we can only hope so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
Hey, I think I saw your "for sale" add! It's not often you see a Harley for sale these days (especially in a small town like Chicago). :-D

Speed Triples are funner. And rarer. And will be accepted (read: admired) by your current Harley buddies.

Good luck on the sale! We look forward to having you here so long as you have thick skin and low moral standards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
The only problem is you will never be able to ride with your Harley buds again. After three turns you will never see them again. The bike just wants to go fast with the slightest crack of the throttle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
919 Posts
On 2007-03-03 09:20, tomstumble wrote:
The only problem is you will never be able to ride with your Harley buds again. After three turns you will never see them again. The bike just wants to go fast with the slightest crack of the throttle.
+1000

You will be 3 sheets to the wind waiting at the bar by the time 2% (*) of them finally roll in.








Wait for it.....








* 98% of Harleys are still on the road, the other 2% made it home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
I am in the same boat, I've had my Harley for two years and it just doesn't compare to the sport bikes I had when I was younger. When the mystique of the Harley wore off, I had an underpowered, poor handling bike. Now if I can get a Speed Triple, maybe I will still get the "Nice Bike" at the stoplights.

Good luck on your quest, maybe I will join you before summer.

Spanky
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
I had a 1200 Sportser also. The two do not compare. +1 to getting the full face helmet. Get the mirror finish shield too. You're not going to want people to know it was you riding like a mad man! If you can keep the Speed Triple even close to posted highway speeds you are a better man than me.
Have fun and stay safe. Looking forward to your first ride report!
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top