Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you in here? That is the greatest bike I have seen in a long time. I need to know about the headlight. Does anyone else know anything about the headlight?

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
black bonnie...

just give them a call. they are all super nice people there and will tell you what it is. i was lucky enough to check ou that bike in person a few months ago and it's a really nice bike!

Are you in here? That is the greatest bike I have seen in a long time. I need to know about the headlight. Does anyone else know anything about the headlight?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the thread link. hate to bring back the old but someone commented on the front 21inch wheel affecting the overall ride. Can someone comment on how it will alter the ride?

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
the last thing I'd want on a bonnie is a 21" front wheel and a 180mm back tire...

17" front and rear would be much better for handling and tire choice.

The headlight is a 5-3/4" unit. I have a similar one on my bonnie. I got it for under $30 on ebay and made my own mounting brackets. The biggest PITA of the whole deal is hiding the 15lbs of wire that is in the stock headlight. I stuffed it all under the tank.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Sweat, you need newer pics of your bike.

21" wheel slows turning down, makes it feel heavier at low speeds.
It looks like the front end of that Bonnie has been lowered about an inch too.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
sweatmachine-

how is that seat you have compared to the stock seat as far as comfort goes?

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
Get your Iron Butt?
nah, I did a little (big?) loop around Texas over the course of 6 days.

sweatmachine-

how is that seat you have compared to the stock seat as far as comfort goes?
I think it's better than the stock seat but not by leaps and bounds or anything. It certainly looks better, at least on my bike.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
So i was on the phone with BC today about something totally unrelated but asked them about the headlight off the blacked out bonnie, and it's just a standard Harley headlight that is on a lot of their bikes and is supposedly a really popular, and easy to axquire part. was told that you just have to deal with the wiring, but it does look nice.

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
So i was on the phone with BC today about something totally unrelated but asked them about the headlight off the blacked out bonnie, and it's just a standard Harley headlight that is on a lot of their bikes and is supposedly a really popular, and easy to axquire part. was told that you just have to deal with the wiring, but it does look nice.
I have that headlight on my bike, I started a thread about it here:

http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-technical-talk/77306-new-cheap-mod-5-3-4-headlight-lots-of-pics.html

I added a couple of warning lights also:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts