Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Driftless Admin
11,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the heels of the Ducati Scrambler 1100 launch earlier this year, Triumph has released a short teaser video showcasing an all-new Scrambler 1200 as a more substantial alternative to the smaller Street Scrambler. The brief glimpse that we get at the bike doesn't reveal anything too surprising; basically, an off-roady Bonneville. That's certainly not a bad thing.

Read more at: http://www.thedrive.com/motorcycles/22756/triumph-teases-the-all-new-scrambler-1200-in-new-video

·
Driftless Admin
11,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's a second video. Easily as good as the first. Not less content.

I actually did email Triumph and offered to ride one of these to Nova Scotia for them. And post pictures to the internet about it. I haven't heard back, yet. They must be busy.

scrambler-1.jpg

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hmmm.... I don't know. I guess I would have to ride one. Then again, I'm not a huge fan of the Duck 1100 scrams. The 800 scram under my mitts is already a heavy beast. No doubt, that bike is monkey barrels of fun, but I feel the bigger frame of the 1100 Duck adds a degree more of unwieldy brawn. Then again, i've been drinking a lot tonight too so who knows.

And adding the more underpowered Triumph version as a competitor....hmm. The current Tri street scram vs. the 800 duck scram loses. Period. Fit, finish, performance. Maybe not charm and nostalgia, but that is a very niche concern. I wonder if the same can be said of the 1100 duck vs. the T120 scram.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts