Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the day off to test ride some Bonnies, and the deed is done.

I am now the proud owner of an '07 Bonnie Black. :-D

Now I just have to wait until the TORs and center stand come in Tuesday and I can pick up the bike Wednesday. I'll just have to keep telling myself to be patient, and that the wait will build character.

:bs:

This feels like I'm ten years old and it's one week until Christmas.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Oh man, a week of sleepless nights??? That's rough. Stay tough -- the wait will be well worth it. :cool:

Welcome to the club btw. :-D

·
Registered
225 Posts
'07 Bonnie Black? Good choice :cool:

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I bought & paid fo mine to be delivered 2 WEEKS!! I just dreamed of th day every nite & when the day came it was like X-mas when you were 10! It will come soon! :cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey try living in the NORTH. I'm waiting for my thruxton to come and when it shows up I will have 2 - 3 weeks of winter to wait out! :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
When I got my new bike about a year ago I wanted it all set up at the dealer when I was to pick it up. My bike came in and I had to wait 3 weeks for my norman hyde togas to show up. Norman Hyde was having some health problems at the time so hense the wait. It ***** near killed me. Longest 3 weeks of my live. All I did was whine and whine to my wife.
She just about went as nuts as me.

Rick.....................

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey. I am getting my Bonnie Black on March 24th after vacation. I know the feeling. Question: why do I need a center stand (new to real motorcycling)? Isn't stock good enough? Should I get mine installed before I take the delivery? I ride scooters and there are people among us who add center stands, but I found stock being very sufficient and add-on looking as a sore thumb.
Cheers.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Personally, I find it invaluable for working on bikes, and to me, no Brit bike is complete without one. It's my preferred way to park, too.

And they're not that visually noticeable on most motorcycles.

It seemed to me best to let the dealer do it since they weren't charging labor, and they know their way around the bike better than I do at this point.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, this sucks. My bike probably isn't going to be ready for pickup until Wednesday or Thursday, which I expected, but now the weather people say it's supposed to rain both days and we may even have snow flurries on Friday. I was looking forward to riding my new Bonnie home from the dealer, but Illinois highways on an unfamiliar bike in the cold and rain are a bad idea.

Looks like I'll have to borrow the old man's pickup. :(

·
Registered
57 Posts
thats no good, my thruxton is supposed to be here on wed too. its a 50 mile ride home from the dealer so im hoping that the rain wont be too wet. . .

lets keep our fingers crossed huh

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Went to the DMV on my lunch break, so The Man has taken his slice and I have my plate. Mmmmmm . . . I love standing in line!

Still, it's one more hurdle down.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just got an email from the dealer - my Bonnie Black is ready for pickup!

Hot diggity *****! :bday:

I can't pick it up for a few more hours, but pretty soon I'll officially be one of you!
:assim:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Better post some pics before you get the modifying bug! Enjoy... We shouldn't expect a reply from you for several days at least!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is her on the showroom floor, right after I signed the papers. The white thing on the seat is the "Don't sit on me, I'm sold" sign.

I was torn between her and her silver sister (after all, the Fonz rode a silver bike), but Maggie there won my heart.

[ This message was edited by: xardoz on 2007-03-14 12:24 ]

·
Registered
57 Posts
congrats on the purchase, i am on my way to pick up the thruxton right now. too bad after 3 days of 60-70 degree weather in NJ its now going to snow. ***** mother nature. :asb:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I trucked Maggie home last night

Unloaded her and took her for a spin around the neighborhood

I only put 7 miles on her, but my cheeks hurt from grinning so hard! I have to say I love the TORs. I live in a tight city neighborhood and I leave for work at 5:30 a.m. The TORs seem like they'll be quiet enough for me to sneak out in the mornings, but they have a great tone and volume when I twist the loud handle.

The center stand is a bit tricky compared to my vx800, but I can get used to it. The only real issue I had was getting used to where to rest my feet on the footpegs. My previous bikes all had almost identical shifter-to-footpeg relationships, but the Bonnie is a little different. I found myself fumbling for the shift a few times, but eventually go the hang of it.

What a blast!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts